This is an exciting opportunity to join the Group Procurement function working with strategic and sustainable procurement at Elopak. You will be responsible for proposing and implementing strategies and plans related to the categories Filling Machines and Customer Equipment on Group level. You will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure proactive and end-to-end management of commercial requirements and cost-optimization. The role will also be responsible for leading procurement-activities related to new-biz and development projects.
It is a global cross-functional role within Group Procurement reporting to the Chief Procurement Officer. You will be working closely with Elopak’s Business Area Innovation & Engineering which is responsible for R&D, equipment supply and the global service organization. The role is situated at Elopak´s Technology Center, located at Spikkestad (outside of Oslo, Norway).
If you have procurement category management experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably from the machine equipment industry, this is a great opportunity to demonstrate how you can drive significant value to our innovative and flexible organization and business. You will be working with supplier sourcing, contract management and cost optimization, as well as enhancing your own career at same time.
- Create and drive category strategies and category plans in cooperation with key stakeholders to achieve both short- and long-term goals
- Manage a variety of strategic and tactical projects related to cost savings, cost-take out, innovation and sustainability. Perform spend analysis to effectively identify and manage improvements and cost reduction opportunities in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Manage strategic and tactical negotiations with suppliers and potential suppliers, driving change and managing risk. Prepare necessary sourcing/RfX documentation, evaluation tools and reports
- Lead management of internal stakeholders, line managers and cross-functional category team(s) for relevant categories and projects
- Develop a deep understanding of the market for areas of responsibility and provide category insight to influence current and future strategies
What will you bring?
- Relevant Business or Engineering degree (bachelor and above)
- 3-5 years of procurement expertise with Category Management or Strategic Sourcing in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the machine equipment industry
- Experience with project management and stakeholder management skills
- Strong interest in technical topics and trends
- You are a team player with great collaboration skills
- You have excellent communication skills and are fluent in English, both oral and written
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contracts and contractual language
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
What will you get from us?
- A challenging role in an international company with high ambitions, for both the company and you
- Possibility to work with progressive and exiting projects and cross-site improvements
- An inclusive and social culture with focus on people at the heart of the business
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Some travelling is expected
Why join Elopak?
We see our people at the forefront of the packaging industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in.
Elopak is one of the world’s leading suppliers of carton packaging and filling equipment, Elopak’s iconic Pure-Pak® cartons are designed with the environment, safety and convenience front of mind. Elopak uses renewable, recyclable and sustainably sourced materials to provide innovative packaging solutions that offer a natural and convenient alternative to plastic bottles and fit within a low carbon circular economy. Today Elopak employs 2,600 people (including Joint Ventures) and sells in excess of 14 billion cartons every year across more than 70 countries