Empowering people through technology is our aspiration and so is setting the standard for how we work with technology across Wilhelmsen as shapers of the maritime industry. Creating actionable insights from data is a strategic priority and we are continuing to build and invest in our data & analytics platforms to support our ever-changing data driven ambitions as a company.
The Data & Analytics team plays a key role in Wilhelmsen Ships Service delivering operational, financial and management reporting to business divisions across the organization. This agile team consists of both internal and external data engineers, having full end to end responsibility for both development and operations, from creating the data pipelines to visualising the data to end users. Our ideal candidate is looking for new challenges and would like to join a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about innovation, technology, and transformation. We can offer a great culture and work environment, career development, work-life balance and a job that is both challenging and stimulating.
We are looking for a Solution Lead Architect to strengthen our Data & Analytics team by taking a lead role in making our data driven ambitions a reality. This person has the ambition to build and maintain a state-of-the-art analytics platform that delivers timely and high-quality data and insights to end users. You know what it takes to create and maintain efficient data pipelines as well as operating a global, governed, scalable, secure, and unified enterprise-wide data warehouse.
The right person will have the overall technical and architectural responsibility for our Platform for Insights & Analytics (PIA), including technologies like Snowflake, WhereScape, Power BI, Celonis Process Mining, and drive new technology implementations to improve and extend the services we deliver. As we are increasing our focus related to IoT data and advanced analytics, you will also be responsible for creating and implementing the necessary streaming architecture and identifying the appropriate supporting technologies. You will function as a sparring partner for the team and will collaborate closely with stakeholders across the organisation, and report to the Data & Analytics Manager.
Your main responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the solution design of the data warehouse / data platform
- Design, develop, test and monitor efficient data pipelines and data models
- Monitor system performance, reliability and availability
- Ensure automated processes for development and releases
- Ensure continuous modernization of the technology stack and ensure existing tools are utilized in the best possible way
- Coordinate and collaborate with business stakeholders and translate business requirements into capabilities and architecture designs
- Ensure that development practices are followed and keep development practices and procedures updated to ensure solution quality
- 5+ years of data warehouse development and management with demonstrable experience with developing and maintaining enterprise-wide data warehousing architectures
- Strong experience with dimensional data-modelling and database management
- Strong experience with Snowflake, WhereScape and Power BI and/or other data-modelling/ELT/visualisation tools
- Experience with Pepple and WhereScape template creation is an advantage
- Experience with Power BI and SSBI environment setup and configuration
- Experience with Azure and/or other cloud platforms
- Strong experience with SQL/Python/DAX and/or other data preparation languages, and Powershell
- Proficient in English, written and verbal with great communication skills
Sound interesting? If you can see yourself in this role, please let us know why you are our new Solution Architect by submitting your resume and cover letter in English.
Founded in Norway in 1861, Wilhelmsen is now a comprehensive global maritime group providing essential products and services to the merchant fleet, along with supplying crew and technical management to the largest and most complex vessels ever to sail. Committed to shaping the maritime industry, we also seek to develop new opportunities and collaborations in renewables, zero-emission shipping, and marine digitalization. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace, with thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation, and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.