Are you TOMRA's new Senior Optical Engineer?
Do you want to create new optical designs and improve existing optical solutions in our portfolio of reverse vending systems? As a Senior Optical Engineer, you will work in close collaboration with Project Managers and other project members from all different disciplines to ensure the best possible overall system solutions. The main tasks will be to develop optical systems for detection technology, with a special focus on LED lighting and image sensors. Contribution to areas such as spectroscopy, bar code reading, and optical components (lenses, mirrors, filters) are relevant. Development work involves tasks ranging from laboratory experiments and theoretical studies to preparation of professional documentation and production support both internally and with sub-contractors.
Role and responsibilities:
- Optical design, simulation, and characterization of optical systems
- Analyze optical system performance, including tolerance analyses and imaging performance
- Work in close collaboration with Project Managers and other project members ensuring best possible system solutions
- Contribute to creating product and project specifications
- Ensure breakdown of Product Requirements and link to how they are verified
- Contribute to Test and Verification
- Specify and characterize optical components
- Propose improvements to Services, ways of working and standard production that increase quality and performance
- Propose research activities/pre-projects relevant for products and services
- Monitor applicable scientific and technological trends, and maintain state-of-the-art expertise
- Maintain and develop a network towards markets/customers and key sub-suppliers/partners
- Maintain and develop a network towards other technology groups within TOMRA
- Master, Bachelor or similar. Relevant work experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Experience with optical design and associated software tools (ex. Matlab, Zemax, Labview)
- Hands-on experience in assembly, integration and testing/verification of optical components/instrumentation
- Basic knowledge of other engineering areas (e.g., mechanical, thermal, materials) is considered an asset
- Fluent in English and Norwegian written and spoken
- Strong technology interest and knowledge in optics and photonics
- Analytical and structured
- Strong presentation skills (written and spoken)
- Good relationship builder
- Trustworthy, self-driven and outgoing
- Continuous improvement
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company
- Great Place to Work: TOMRA was named the fifth best place to work in Norway in 2018. This is the third consecutive time TOMRA has ranked in the top 10 for Great Place to Work
- Excellent facilities with modern gym, free parking and electric car charging, and our own healthy and varied cafeteria
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika
- Opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars
Deadline application: Løst
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English or Norwegian
TOMRA Collection’s solutions make it easy for consumers, retailers, and the beverage industry to play their part in solving one of the most pressing problems of our time. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and join our growing community of thinkers and doers in tackling this challenge, we look forward to hearing from you.
TOMRA Collection is part of the TOMRA Group, which creates sensor-based solutions for resource productivity in food, recycling, and mining, employing approximately 4300 people globally. The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE: TOM). Join the Resource Revolution!
For further information, please contact Partner in Capus, Kristian Lennertzen, phone +47 916 16 073 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Recruitment assistant in Capus, Nanna Skjold, phone +47 977 88 713 / email@example.com.
Like many innovative ventures, TOMRA Collection was founded in a garage. This garage wasn’t in Palo Alto, though, it was in Vollen, Norway. 50 years later, TOMRA Collection is a world-leading technology company working to expand the circular economy. As the largest provider of reverse vending machines (“panteautomater”) on the planet, we strive to reduce society’s reliance on raw materials by enabling drink bottles, cans, and other packaging to be continually recycled in a closed loop. Every year, TOMRA Collection captures more than 40 billion drink containers across 60 global markets, ensuring that they don’t end up in our streets, oceans, or landfills. That might sound like a lot, but it’s actually less than 3% of what’s sold annually! Naturally, we’ve got our sights set on the remaining 97% and we need your help to get it. How’s that for a growth mindset?
Our success is measured by our impact. If that’s a statement that resonates with you, then you’ve come to the right place.