The Head of Product & Solution Management is the commercial owner of the portfolio of customer products and services offered by TOMRA Collection Solution worldwide ranging from reverse vending technology solutions to digital services, including consumer e-payout apps, and our portfolio of APIs.
The Head of Product & Solution Management is also the owner of the forwards looking solution roadmap and proposes new solution development initiatives to maintain and strengthen TOMRA’s position as market leader, industry innovator, and preferred partner to global retail key accounts and other customers.
Acting as the key interface between TOMRA’s business- and market units and the central solution-providing organization, the Head of Product & Solution Management is vital to foster development of a responsive and customer-centric culture with a focus on customer value and benefit realization.
The Head of Product & Solution Management is responsible for the Product & Solution Management unit which consists of 10+ highly competent Product Managers, and reports to the Head of Commercial at The Solution Hub.
- Ensure a competitive and profitable product portfolio in line with TOMRA’s strategic framework and business plan.
- Manage the complete product lifecycle including obsolescence planning and launching of new solutions.
- Initiate needed changes to the portfolio; seeking to optimize TOMRA’s competitiveness and financial return.
- Act as a hub and catalyst between the central organization and TOMRA’s market and business units; being the natural contact point for new product development.
- Facilitate business alignment reviews, sales readiness training and competitive analysis.
- Identify and understand industry, customer and consumer trends.
- Develop, communicate and maintain a solution roadmap to support TOMRA’s strategy and business plan.
- Screen and analyze new opportunities to enable growth and strengthen competitiveness and differentiation.
- Develop project / product business plans and estimate financial impact of new business opportunities.
- Participate in steering groups and/or as project owner for selected development programs and projects.
- Define and articulate product positioning and sales propositions.
- Ensure that appropriate competence and capacity is available in own department for current and anticipated needs.
- MSc degree or similar; preferably with a balanced technology and business focus
- 5-10 years of sales/marketing/business development/product management experience from technology-based international organizations
- Excellent people management skills and a desire to realize goals through peers and colleagues
- Previous exposure to FMCG or food retail is an advantage
- A people-oriented leader with a strong ability to lead by example and to set and protect priorities, and the ability to build efficient teams.
- A visionary with the ability to set and communicate future goals intended to drive our business aspirations forwards.
- An influencer which makes an impact; motivating others and executing well-structured processes and activity governance.
- A leader that understands the possibilities that lies within both hardware and software, always searching to optimize the balance, contributing to a system architecture that drives efficiency, speed to market and reduces complexity.
- Analytical and comfortable with establishing business models and making data-based decision.
- Purpose-driven with a strong desire to develop solutions for Clean Loop Recycling, and a more sustainable world.
- Fluent in English and a Scandinavian language (Norwegian is preferred). A good command of German is an added advantage.
- Flexible to travel internationally for 30-50 days per year
- A job with a purpose: A great opportunity to work for a more sustainable future for the generations to come.
- Dynamic and challenging tasks within a growing, market-leading international company.
- A great place to work: TOMRA was ranked number five among all companies in the 2018 Great Place to Work® survey in Norway.
- Excellent facilities that include a modern gym, free parking and our own cafeteria serving a healthy and varied lunch menu.
- Convenient location in Asker (Norway) – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika.
- Exciting development opportunities within an international environment, and competitive salary and pension package.
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Kristian Rizi, Research Analyst in Capus, phone: +47 958 12 625. Please use the URL “Søk her” to apply for this position.
Application deadline: Snarest
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA has ~90,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~9.3 billion NOK in 2019. The Group employs ~4.500 globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM) The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending, material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting).
Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for close loop recycling. TOMRA has a tremendous opportunity to ensure that we keep even more bottles and cans out of our oceans, landfills and streets. TOMRA Collection Solutions state-of-the-art technology reduces material contamination and downcycling, and enables people to track the positive impact of their recycling efforts- empowering more people to get involved in creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy. Join our team at the headquarter in Asker to create a more sustainable future. For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com