Associate, M&A and Corporate Development
ABL has significant growth ambitions through development and further acquisitions and seeks to expand the department that works with corporate development, M&A and strategic projects.
ABL is now looking for a professionally strong, commercial, and forward-thinking person who will have a central role in the company´s corporate development team with a special focus on M&A and IR.
The position will be based in Oslo, reporting to the Director of Strategy and Corporate Development and working closely with the executive management team and board of directors.
Areas of responsibility, key tasks and deliveries:
- Assist in the identification, analysis and execution of new organic and in-organic investments (M&A) in close collaboration with the executive management team
- Assist benchmarking and due diligence processes in coordination with the company's operating units
- Assist in selected corporate development projects, as well as following up and coordinating strategic initiatives across the company
- Assist in the investor relations function, including preparation of investor presentations, market communication and coordination of investor relations activities
We envision that the right candidate has the following background:
- Higher financial or other quantitative education with solid results
- 1-5 years of experience from a similar role, or other transaction-oriented positions within Corporate Finance or consulting
- Experience from project management/project work is crucial in this role, preferably within, but not exclusively: M&A, service development and project management, results management and process optimization
- Good business understanding and quantitatively strong
- Experience with valuation and M&A will be an advantage
Competencies and capabilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Good commercial understanding
- Project management
- Strong knowledge of financial markets
- Good understanding of financial reporting standards
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, including financial modelling
- Strong oral and written presentation skills, both in Norwegian and English
We offer competitive terms, and an important position in a global company. We aim to employ individuals who match our aspiration of providing the best-in-class solutions to the energy and marine industries worldwide. We believe our people are our most important asset, and we endeavor to create a great place to work through information, focus, development and dialogue.
If you have questions related to the position, you are welcome to contact Partner Johannes Westersø in Capus on 95 17 91 69 or Adviser Ramajana Knudsen on 94 88 87 52.
To be considered for the position, you must apply via the link “Søk her”. You must then fill in a short form with personal details, as well as upload the application and CV.
ABL Group (formerly AqualisBraemar LOC) is the leading global independent energy and marine consultancy, working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition. Through 2019-2021, the group has made 5+ acquisitions, doubling the size of the company twice. From about 200 employees and revenues of USD 36 million in 2018, we have now close to 1000 employees in 39 countries and last year delivered revenues of USD 151 million. Around 30% of the revenue comes from the renewable sector, and the group has a stated target of 50% revenues from renewables and sustainability-oriented services by 2025. We are listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker AQUA.