TOMRA now offers an opportunity for a position in the very heart of a Norwegian technology adventure. Tomra is an international, market leading technology organization with the unique offering to work with cutting edge technology and doing good for our environment.
As Technology Manager Software you will facilitate and support your team through our cross-functional software teams and ensure there is a healthy balance between capacity and workload. You will be responsible for good alignment and transparency of goals and high-level priorities which will enable your team to work efficiently and have a motivating and inspiring day-to-day work at Tomra.
Your team consists of highly skilled software developers with a broad competence and high innovation pace developing global software for reverse vending machines. We know we still have a long way to go becoming lean and expect you to have an agile mindset and act as an agile ambassador in our process of transforming our organization using your excellent communication and collaboration skills.
You will be part of the Software Management team together with other software managers, Team Leads and Product owners.
Roles and responsibilities:
Main strategic responsibilities:
- Ensure suitable competence for current and future activities in the department
- Ensure suitable RVM software architecture for current and future RVMs
- Contribute to definition of Collection Solutions’ technology strategy
- Propose research activities and feasibility studies
Main operational responsibilities:
- Lead and ensure your team are focusing on the prioritized tasks and together with Product Owner ensure task backlogs are continuously kept in prioritized order.
- Facilitate and support team in product maintenance through effective and transparent user feedback channels and ensure product lifecycle responsibility are anchored in teams.
- Facilitate high team performance and engaged team members through support and usage of the right tools, technologies, practices and methods.
- Continuously work for an improved way of doing things to maintain team motivation, deliver state of the art products, improve cost and competitiveness.
- Encourage and support team members to continuously develop skills and as individuals and guide them.
- Continuously monitor and secure required development capacity and competence is available for the team through recruitment and good maintained relationships to consultant networks, when required.
- Extensive experience in software architecture and agile development
- Experience in people management
- MSc, BSc, or similar in Software related studies. Relevant work experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Strong communication-, motivation- and team building skills
- Good relationship builder – having people skills
- Trustworthy, self-driven and outgoing
- Customer focus and Future orientation
- Fluent oral and written English and Norwegian
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company.
- A meaningful workplace, reducing littering globally.
- Great opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars.
- A Great Place to Work: TOMRA was recently named the fifth best place to work in Norway in 2018. This is the third consecutive time TOMRA has ranked in the top 10 for Great Place to Work.
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika.
- Excellent facilities with modern gym, free parking and our own healthy and varied lunch restaurant.
Get to know Tomra:
For more information about Tomra, look at some of the movies about us:
- Get to know our latest product release, the R1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNoHgQUsgg&list=PL7A818937C801C315&index=13&t=0s
- Introducing a deposit scheme in Australia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyhPvsrVvVA
- What is clean loop recycling?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIYQ5BG26c
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Kristian Rizi, Research Analyst in Capus, phone: +47 958 12 625. Please use the URL “Søk her” to apply for this position.
Application deadline: As soon as possible, but no later than Thursday 17th of September.
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA has ~90,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~9.3 billion NOK in 2019. The Group employs ~4.500 globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM) The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending, material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting).
Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for close loop recycling. TOMRA has a tremendous opportunity to ensure that we keep even more bottles and cans out of our oceans, landfills and streets. TOMRA Collection Solutions state-of-the-art technology reduces material contamination and downcycling, and enables people to track the positive impact of their recycling efforts- empowering more people to get involved in creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy. Join our team at the headquarter in Asker to create a more sustainable future. For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com