We are now looking for a new Head of Underwriting Employee Benefits, Industrial in Norway to actively drive the financial performance, development and deployment of the strategy for the Norwegian Employee Benefits portfolio. Health related products and the services that we as an insurer can provide to our clients, is a key focus area for us with strong growth potential.
As such, now is an exciting time to join If and be a part of the journey that lies ahead.
In Industrial, we insure all the largest risks in the Nordic region, where the wellbeing of company employees is a recognized success criteria for many of our clients. We therefore continuously work together with our clients to support them in caring for their staff. Another increasingly important focus area across the industry is digitalization, and how developments in this area can support both the companies and their employees even further.
Head of Underwriting Employee Benefits Industrial in Norway will be head of our Norwegian organization and your ability to lead a strong and independent team is vital for this position. Specifically, to ensure continued strong results, your capacity for creating enthusiasm and engagement within the organization is essential for success. The main responsibility will be the financial result of the Employee Benefit portfolio, including products such as Workers’ Compensation, Health and Personal Accident.
We seek to manage risks in close cooperation with our clients, and therefore the risk management team in Norway is an important stakeholder in your daily work. In addition to the underwriting of the portfolio, you are expected to support the development of prudent and value-based risk management in the Norwegian portfolio.
Together with the support of If leadership, and with a clear commitment to our core values, you will have support in the development of your unit.
The Following Requirements Should Be Met By The Applicant
- Master of Economics, Law or other relevant master’s or bachelor’s degree
- Keen interest in developing and motivating your team, with strong leadership and management experience
- Knowledge and experience of Employee Benefit products, e.g. Workers’ Compensation, Health and Personal Accident
- As you will be leading a team of highly skilled colleagues, it will be crucial that you have management experience
The person we are looking for has the following qualities
- Takes a strategic perspective, is results-oriented and has a solid business mind-set to deliver solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both in relation to colleagues and clients
- Structured and well-organised
- Pro-active, with a high level of integrity
- Possesses a strong analytical skillset
- You need to have a long-term outlook and be able to achieve results through inspiring and motivating others as well as have constant improvements and skills development as a natural part of your growth strategy
Organization and your team
You will be heading a team consisting of approximately four highly skilled and engaged Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants located in Oslo.
Reporting to the Nordic Head of Employee Benefit Underwriting, Industrial, you will be part of the Nordic management team. The position is located in Oslo.
If Industrial is the market leader in industrial risk solutions in the Nordic region, focused on servicing the largest corporations. Our mission is to manage risks together with our Nordic corporate clients. We deliver insurance solutions, risk management and claims handling globally. We focus on being Best-in-Risk and strive to create impressive experiences for our clients by providing seamless, digital and global services.