TOMRA now offers a unique opportunity for a central position within Collection Solutions in an international, market leading technology organization. We are looking for a candidate who will find it motivating to have a central role in TOMRA’s software related R&D. The right candidate will be responsible to coordinate, prioritize and follow up all activities within TOMRA’s Software Department, according to approved plans, budgets and goals. The software department consists of 16 highly skilled engineers, as well as both long-term and short-term contractors.
The position reports to VP R&D and is a member of the R&D Management team.
Roles and responsibilities:
Main strategic responsibilities:
- Ensure suitable competence for current and future activities in the department
- Ensure suitable RVM software architecture for current and future RVMs
- Contribute to definition of Collection Solutions’ technology strategy
- Propose research activities and feasibility studies
Main operational responsibilities:
- Assign personnel from department to projects and product change activities
- Execute software line activities related to market releases, software maintenance, market support, software architecture enhancements etc.
- Ensure utilization of suitable tools, technologies, practices and methods
- Propose and execute activities to improve quality, cost and competitiveness for products in running production
- Share information up/down in the organization
- Develop department individuals through job discussions, performance evaluations, etc.
- Keep good relation to consultancies and engage consultants when required
- Extensive experience in software architecture and development
- Experience in people management
- MSc, BSc, or similar in Software related studies. Relevant work experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Strong communication-, motivation- and team building skills
- Good relationship builder – having people skills
- Trustworthy, self-driven and outgoing
- Customer focus and Future orientation
- Fluent oral and written English and Norwegian
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company.
- A Great Place to Work: TOMRA was recently named the fifth best place to work in Norway in 2018. This is the third consecutive time TOMRA has ranked in the top 10 for Great Place to Work.
- Excellent facilities with modern gym, free parking and our own healthy and varied lunch restaurant.
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika.
- Very good opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars.
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Kristian Rizi, Research Analyst in Capus, phone: +47 958 12 625. Please use the URL “Søk her” to apply for this position.
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA has ~95,700 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~7.4 billion NOK in 2017. The Group employs ~3,420 globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM) The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending, material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting). For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com
Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for close loop recycling. TOMRA has a tremendous opportunity to ensure that we keep even more bottles and cans out of our oceans, landfills and streets. TOMRA Collection Solutions state-of-the-art technology reduces material contamination and downcycling, and enables people to track the positive impact of their recycling efforts- empowering more people to get involved in creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy. Join our team at the headquarter in Asker to create a more sustainable future. For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com