The pattern recognition Software Engineer works as an integral part of the RVM software team developing cutting edge systems. The position entails designing software as part of a x-discipline project team developing novel RVM solutions including automated tests. A continuous improvement mindset is required and a keen interest in the latest software technology. Our software controls novel sensors and does image acquisition and processing. The current connected install base exceeds 60 000 Reverse Vending Machines and this number is growing rapidly.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Requirements management.
- Application development on linux using C++ and Qt/QML.
- Work closely with the x-discipline project team.
- Document architecture and design and provide rational for design.
- Develop automated tests/module and possibly simulators based on requirements.
- Contribute to Verification and Test Management.
- Contribute x-disciplinary to ensure quality project deliverables.
In the R&D software team:
- Continuous improvement and refactoring of existing codebase.
- Contribute towards 3x market releases per year.
- Release responsible for a set of modules or subsystems.
- Work closely with interfacing teams in TOMRA including TOMRA Digital.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant technologies and technology trends.
- Drive software architecture, designing and implementing object-oriented systems with automated integration tests as part of the deliverable.
- Pattern recognition
- Machine Learning/AI
- Strong background in Object-Oriented design/architecture.
- Experience in C++, Qt/QML on a linux platform.
- Great troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Prefers and enjoys Agile software development in teams.
- Strong presentation skills (written and spoken)
- Excellent teamplayer.
- Trustworthy, self-driven & outgoing
- Recent graduates with excellent results will be considered.
Experience & Education:
- Experience from product development (HW/SW/Embedded SW and Testing)
- MSc, BSc, or similar.
- Experience from x-disciplinary system engineering and requirements management will be valued.
- Fluent written and spoken, English and Norwegian
How to apply:
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Nathalie Smulders, Researcher in Capus, phone: +47 470 83 841. Please use the URL “Søk på stillingen” to apply for this position.
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA has ~85,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~6.6 billion NOK in 2016. The Group employs ~3,400 globally, and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM) The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending, material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting).
Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for closed-loop recycling. TOMRA has a tremendous opportunity to ensure that we keep even more bottles and cans out of our oceans, landfills and streets. TOMRA Collection Solutions’ state-of-the-art technology reduces material contamination and downcycling, and enables people to track the positive impact of their recycling efforts- empowering more people to get involved in creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy. Join our team at the headquarter in Asker to create a more sustainable future. For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com.