Basefarm is seeking a Software Asset Manager (SAM) to ensure correct usage of licenses and by that optimizing Basefarm profit and loss for Software. This is a new role at Basefarm and the SAM will support overall operations and reduce IT costs and limit business and legal risk related to the ownership and use of software, while maximizing IT responsiveness and end-user productivity. The SAM will report directly to VP infrastructure in Operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Establish Basefarm SAM baseline
- Be the process owner of SAM Life cycle management at Basefarm, ensuring that a process is understandable and easy to use and ensuring regular reporting to Basefarm Management.
- Competence HUB for Software Asset Management. This includes training in the organization, consultancy services to customers and sales support.
- Compliance of software by coordinating audit activities, continuous reporting of compliance status and risk assessment.
- Financial management contribution by making sure that software costs are included in revenue streams and building software management budgets to ensure that they comply with corporate policies, applicable standards and legislation.
- In charge of Vendor Management by being the single point of contact with relevant vendors and participating in negotiating supporting procurement.
- Minimum five years as a software manager in a medium to larger organization with experience in software licensing, purchases, compliance and negotiations related to enterprise software
- Solid understanding of software asset life cycle management processes, tools and technologies
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and cloud economics
- Knowledge of VMware license regulations and Microsoft license agreements, terms and conditions
- Knowledge regarding SAM tools (E.g. SNOW, Flexera, Aspera, License Watch, Service now)
- Knowledge in IBM, RedHat, Oracle, SAP license agreements, terms and conditions
The ideal candidate has strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills. Further an ability to diagnose problem areas, identify improvement opportunities and implement realistic solutions within time contraints. Has strong communication skills and a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
An ability to work independently, and analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who is committed and has a passion for IT. You are an independent person who always completes assignments with a high sense of quality. It is important that you have a strong drive and are motivated by responsibility. You are service minded and build good relationships with clients as well as with colleagues. We believe that you strive to develop Basefarm as a company as well as yourself by always being interested in learning new technologies.
In Basefarm you will be a part of a positive working environment with co-workers who are genuinely interested in technology and have professional pride and integrity. You get the freedom and chance to form both yourself and the company; something that makes us in Basefarm proud employees. We offer good pension and insurance scheme and the possibility to develop yourself further. We are also social group of people with outside work activity groups and events ranging from: floorball, running, cycling, climbing, LAN Party, Darts and Beer to name some.
If you have any questions regarding the position please do not hesitate to contact Partner in Capus, Arne Underdal-Loktu, phone: (+47) 91 13 14 14.
To be considered for the position you must apply through the link “Søk”. Then you will have to fill out a short personal information form, as well as upload your application and resume.
Application deadline: As soon as possible.
Applications will be processed consecutively.
Basefarm is the leading cloud services and managed hosting service provider for mission critical business applications in the Nordics, headquartered in Oslo. We provide high-end application management, advanced technology solutions, enterprise cloud services, and colocation from our six data centers in Europe. During the summer of 2018, Basefarm was acquired by the French telecom operator Orange. Orange is one of the leading telecom operators in the world, with a revenue of €41 bn in 2017, and 150.000 employees, worldwide.
We have currently close to 550 dedicated Basefarmers working out of our offices in Oslo, Stockholm, Berlin, Vienna, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam, and growing. Our thorough design process with system architects working directly with our customers ensures a customized and optimized platform that takes into account business needs, complexity, high rate of change, and the highest level of security.
We ensure that mission critical solutions are always available, and we use our technical expertise and business understanding to build customized solutions that improve end user experience.