As the group CFO, you will work closely with and report to the group CEO / Chairman in all financial and strategic aspects of the company. You will be responsible for liquidity management, investor relations, budgeting and all other financial processes including having an oversight on regulatory compliance and annual audits. You will also assist with strategies on most effective and optimal ways of managing capital, including assessing listing opportunities. You will take part in board meetings and will support group boards with relevant information. You will also support the CEOs of group subsidiaries on ad-hoc projects including acquisitions, integrations or spinoffs. You must possess strong business and financial acumen, high analytical competence as well as great communication and presentation skills.
This is an unusual opportunity to be part of a company that is using a digital ecosystem to transform how fund managers operate and disrupt the asset management industry.
Who are you?
You believe in technology as an enabler and are keen to get things moving fast. You are detail oriented but know how to prioritize critical tasks. You have relevant work experience, are confident and have stakeholders across the group. You are keen to be part of an already established and disruptive platform business with potential for significant scalability and have a solid profile with sound work background. You have keen interest in the hedge fund space, and perhaps also digital assets. You are an enthusiast with a zest for building a company that prides itself for being a market leader in hedge fund platform business.
- Overall responsibility to manage the finance function and optimizing revenues and costs across the group
- Oversee and support the group finance and accounting team which includes financial director / head of accounting and subsidiary accountants
- Manage overall finances of the group including oversight on regulatory capital requirements
- Lead technical discussions with regulators, auditors and consultants on key accounting and auditing matters
- Liquidity and capital management across the group including subsidiary companies
- Explore multiple avenues for raising profile including potentially getting the company ready for Merkur Market or similar exchanges in Europe / Scandinavia
- Prepare and present quarterly report to the group including key figures
- Responsible for VAT and tax optimization of the Group's entities and operations
- Act as a project lead for ad-hoc projects such as acquisitions, mergers and spin offs
- Identify synergies and integrate recent acquisitions to the platform
Experience and skills
- Master’s degree / MBA in relevant subjects (e.g. Accounting, Auditing, Finance, Business Administration) from a top-tier (Ivy League level) international university
- Relevant work experience from a financial institution, leading management consultancies or Big 4
- Working knowledge of digital assets is preferred but not a requirement (it is an evolving market)
- Experience from similar sector is a plus but not required
- Proficient in spoken and written English
What can we offer
- A unique opportunity to be part of a disruptive, highly recognized web 3.0 ecosystem
- Part of being a truly diverse and international team
- Excellent work environment with our offices in the scenic and central Tjuvholmen area of Oslo (the group is transferring selected AIFM licenses to Norway as a result of Brexit)
- Possibility of making AKJ a unicorn in the hedge fund platform business and being part of something impactful
- Very competitive terms
Questions regarding the position may be addressed to our recruitment partner Capus, Johannes Westersø at +(47 951 79 169 / email@example.com), or Anders Kihle (+47 977 67 816/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
AK Jensen Group Limited and its subsidiaries, established in 1995, is owned by shareholders, who, combined, have more than US$18 billion in assets under management. The group serves hedge fund and institutional clients in 35 countries around the world.
AKJ Crypto plc, a subsidiary of AKJt Holdings Limited and an associated company of AK Jensen Group, provides a full-service platform for crypto hedge fund managers, and diversified participation for institutional investors in the cryptoeconomy – through the AKJ Token. The turnkey platform includes fund formation, legal and regulatory infrastructure, trading systems, back office support, and seed capital.
For more information about AKJ Crypto visit www.akjtoken.com