As General Counsel at TOMRA you will mainly be working for the Collection Solutions comprising the reverse vending and collection market. You will also collaborate with external legal counsels to support the business by working through critically important and complex legal issues in a rapidly evolving environment. To be successful in this role it is imperative that you are familiar with working in an international environment and have a thorough understanding of international contract law and regulations.
The General Counsel reports directly to TOMRA Collection Solutions CFO.
- Provide legal advice and support to legal issues worldwide (e.g. customer agreements, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, lawsuits);
- Draft, negotiate, structure, interpret, execute, and/or administer contractual documents for TOMRA Collection worldwide;
- Respond to, or analyze Request for Information, Request for Proposals, Request for Quotations or customer terms and conditions as needed;
- Analyze and identify legal risks and implications;
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations;
- Provide training regarding contract law and compliance issues;
- Liaise and manage external legal counsels and/or specialists;
- Master’s degree in law, and at least 8 years relevant professional experience as an in-house counsel and/or lawyer in a law-firm with an extensive knowledge of international contract law and knowledge in compliance and data protection; experience in labor law is a plus;
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills;
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail;
- Able to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines;
- Able to analyze case law and provide recommendations;
- Strong business and financial acumen;
- Excellent administrative and managerial skills;
- Demonstrate passion and is a role model of TOMRA culture and our core values
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally when needed
- Strategic and business oriented with a growth mindset
- Has ability to influence decisions and drive activities
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English. Proficiency in German, French or any other language is a plus
- Thrives in an ambiguous and a fast-paced, international, highly matrixed environment
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company
- A Great Place to Work: TOMRA was named the fifth best place to work in Norway in 2018. This is the third consecutive time TOMRA has ranked in the top 10 for Great Place to Work.
- Excellent facilities with completely new office areas, modern gym, yoga and other activities, our own healthy restaurant, and free parking.
- Focus on work life balance with family friendly benefits.
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika.
- Very good opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars.
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA has ~85,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~8.6 billion NOK in 2018. The Group employs ~4,000 globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM) The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending, material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting).
Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for close loop recycling. TOMRA has a tremendous opportunity to ensure that we keep even more bottles and cans out of our oceans, landfills and streets. TOMRA Collection Solutions state-of-the-art technology reduces material contamination and downcycling and enables people to track the positive impact of their recycling efforts- empowering more people to get involved in creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy. Join our team at the headquarter in Asker to create a more sustainable future. For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com