Due to the current circumstances, regarding the spreading of the COVID-19 virus, the process is slowed down for a currently unknown period of time. However, please feel free to show your interest before the application deadline.
In the coming years, TOMRA Collection Solutions (TCS) is expanding further in terms of geographies, new markets, new segments, new products and new digital solutions. In order to drive its successful growth agenda, we are now looking to strengthen the Business Development department with additional resources. Our new Vice President Business Development will be supporting our company’s lead in establishing and implementing strategic processes which develop TCS in a growing global market. You will strengthen the business development team of TCS with insight and knowledge and assist in developing new business opportunities. In this role you will also be an important player in the communication and endorsement of business opportunities in relation to TOMRA´s board of directors. Vice President Business Development reports to the SVP Business Development at TOMRA Collection Solutions and will be a part of a growing Business Development team, located at TOMRA HQ in Asker, Norway. The position requires extensive travelling.
- Identify new business opportunities globally
- Analyse and understand business fundamentals, stakeholders and political/business decision-making processes
- Analyse and understand competitive scenarios
- Identify and quantify deficiencies in existing waste handling or collection systems and identify improvement areas
- Identify how to drive consumer engagement, social engagement, build awareness and drive collected volume
- Work together with the business development team, EVP TCS and BU leaders to develop business cases, and then hand them over to the businesses responsible for implementation and execution
- Support efficient strategy processes together with TCS management
- Develop TOMRA Collection Solutions strategy plans together with the Business Development team and the TCS management team
Personal qualifications and skills required:
- Analysis & Judgement, quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgements
- Vision & Strategy, develops an ambitious but realistic business vision and translates it into a workable strategy
- Initiative & Responsibility, acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Business Development, identifies and seizes commercial opportunities; has a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- Effective Communication, communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Constructive Teamwork, cooperates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- 2-5 years of experience from technology driven business
- Worked internationally with business development in larger companies
- Experience of reporting to Head of Group/company boards
- Consultancy/advisor experience
- Experience of working with complex analysis, communication and documentation
- Financial understanding and skills, should be able to develop business plans/models including P&L for project
- Technical/financial education on MSc-level
- Fluent in English and Norwegian
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company.
- A Great Place to Work: TOMRA was recently named the fifth best place to work in Norway in 2018. This is the third consecutive time TOMRA has ranked in the top 10 for Great Place to Work.
- Excellent facilities with modern gym, free parking and our own healthy and varied lunch restaurant.
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika.
- Very good opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars.
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Kristian Rizi, Research Analyst in Capus, phone: +47 958 12 625. Please use the URL “Søk her” to apply for this position.
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA has ~90,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~8.6 billion NOK in 2018. The Group employs ~4.000 globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM) The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending, material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting).
Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for close loop recycling. TOMRA has a tremendous opportunity to ensure that we keep even more bottles and cans out of our oceans, landfills and streets. TOMRA Collection Solutions state-of-the-art technology reduces material contamination and downcycling, and enables people to track the positive impact of their recycling efforts- empowering more people to get involved in creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy. Join our team at the headquarter in Asker to create a more sustainable future. For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com