Norges Bank Investment Management, is responsible for the Government Pension Fund Global (Oljefondet). We are seeking a dedicated and results-orientated DevOps Engineer with a Database Administrator background to join the Technology and Support department. Technology and Support is part of Norges Bank Investment Management Operations and has responsibility for our technology platform. We have recently moved our entire datacenter infrastructure to Public Cloud and taken internal operational responsibility of the IT estate.
We have grown from working with traditional databases to Cloud DevOps, and you can help us on our journey. The main objective of the role is to drive our adoption of cloud services to improve the way data and data services are provided to the business. You can be part of innovating in areas such as data streaming, data lakes and cloud based managed data warehouse solution. As part of our global Cloud DevOps team you also will be working to maintain and develop our Infrastructure-as-Code and automation processes and support our current databases.
This position requires close collaboration with business users, system managers and service providers. You will focus on operating our current systems through incident, change and request management, while also driving the development of new technologies in database business solutions. Are you motivated by this challenge, is eager to learn new technologies and want to develop our future ways of working with cloud-native database services? Then you might be the person we are looking for.
You will be working on the following tasks:
• Migrating from traditional server-based relational database workloads towards cloud native solutions
• Investigate SQL queries and stored procedures to identify performance bottlenecks and present improvements when applicable
• Automate processes of deployment and maintenance of database resources
• Ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of systems, databases and analytics services: maintaining, monitoring, developing and automating daily operational tasks
• Spearhead the implementation of new automated and managed database alternatives
The role is based in our Oslo office, and some travel is required.
The following experience is required:
• Hand on experience from public cloud services (preferably AWS)
• Programming skills (e.g. SQL, Python, Powershell, R)
Experience of one or several of the following experience is beneficial:
• Database Administration knowledge in MS SQL or Oracle
• Proficient in SQL query optimization and analysis
• NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB)
• Knowledge of DevOps and Agile practices with focus on Infrastructure-as-Code and CI/CD pipelines.
We are looking for a candidate with one or more of the following qualifications:
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline, with strong academic records
• International mindset with an eagerness to learn
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
• Ambition to excel and high level of integrity
What we offer
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation which consists of 37 nationalities. English as our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
• Competitive base salary offered
• Comprehensive Insurance Plan
• Home and Consumer Loan
• Inhouse Gym
• Access to holiday facilities in Norway and aboard
• Support to take necessary courses and certifications to keep up with the technology.
Opening dates for applications 12th of May 2020
Deadline for application is 29th of May 2020.
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global, and has assets worth more than 10,000 billion kroner, or about $1.1 trillion. The fund is invested in international equity and fixed-income markets and real estate. As manager of one of the world’s largest funds we have developed a highly skilled investment organisation with a global outlook. We are more than 577 people from 38 countries based in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.