This is an exciting opportunity to work as a lawyer in a company that is committed to sustainability and the environment.
TOMRA is now looking for a Legal Counsel (1-2 positions) to be located at our headquarters in Asker, Norway. We are looking for highly motivated and solution-oriented confident professionals with a curious, proactive attitude. The position(s) is new and will report to the General Counsel. Your primary focus will be to assist with commercial, contractual, corporate and competition law matters in an international environment. You will also assist with technology and digital innovation tasks.
You will mainly serve TOMRA’s largest business area, TOMRA Collection Solutions, that are responsible for our Reverse Vending Solutions. We can offer exciting, varied, and high-paced working days with the chance to be involved in a wide range of legal tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice and support on a broad range of commercial, contractual and/or corporate legal issues.
- Identify and manage legal risks.
- Follow up on competition law matters, including to develop legal templates, checklists and guidance for best practices.
- Prepare and present legal trainings.
- Liaise with external counsel.
- Follow-up on regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the general activities of the TOMRA’s legal department.
- Opportunity to support in new market entries, and a number of other initiatives to further digitalize TOMRA’s business.
- Master of law with solid academic credentials.
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant working experience gained at a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Admitted to the bar and have all necessary practicing certificates (Norway and/or in England & Wales).
- Knowledge of competition law, international contractual and/or transactional work.
- Professional proficiency in both Norwegian and English. Other language skills are considered positive.
- Commercial mindset, including strong attention to quality of work and the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Structured, accurate with ability to take ownership of own areas of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact proactively with management and colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Solution-driven and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and live the TOMRA Values and be genuinely interested in contributing to the collegial environment.
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company
- Excellent facilities with modern gym, free parking, and our own healthy and varied lunch restaurant
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen, and Sandvika
- Very good opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars
- Competitive salary and employment benefits.
Application deadline: Wednesday 22nd of September
Join our team at the headquarter in Asker to create a more sustainable future.
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, Partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073
or Adrian Marthinsen Advisor in Capus, phone: +47 938 15 523
TOMRA General Counsel, Anne Margrete Ringheim, phone: +47 958 43 002.
Please use the URL “Søk her” to apply for this position.
Get to know TOMRA:
For more information about TOMRA, look at some of the articles about us:
- Get to know our latest product release, the R1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNoHgQUsgg&list=PL7A818937C801C315&index=13&t=0s
- Introducing a deposit scheme in Australia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyhPvsrVvVA
- What is clean loop recycling?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIYQ5BG26c
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing, and sale of reverse vending machines for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that enable the circular economy with advanced collection and sorting systems that optimize resource recovery and minimize waste in the food, recycling, and mining industries. Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for closed-loop recycling. TOMRA provides reverse vending solutions for Clean Loop Recycling, collecting aluminium, plastic and glass beverage containers to be continually reused and recycled back into new bottles and cans creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy.
TOMRA has more than 100,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~9.9 billion NOK in 2020. The Group employs ~4,300 globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM). For further information about TOMRA, please see www.TOMRA.com