Wilhelmsens strategy highlights the importance of modernizing through digitalization, and you will be a key player on the path of creating more efficient and sustainable business processes.
If you are eager to work in a truly internationally oriented Norwegian company, with technology that will influence the sustainability of an industry undergoing big technology changes, this might be the role for you.
We are looking for a candidate with strong competence within the Microsoft Azure platform, that can drive the adaptations of new technologies and help us stay in the forefront of the development.
This role will work closely with the cross-functional team and business stakeholders.
- Drive the development and direction of our Cloud platform infrastructure
- Be responsible for good governance of the platform, including cost optimization
- Oversee and be hands on with introduction of new solutions into the platform.
- Be a team manager for 3-5 persons, including external consultants
- Participation in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Remains up to date on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced
- Partner and participate in customer troubleshooting calls and incident root causes analysis workgroups.
- Participate in problem management processes alongside Core Operations and Platform teams.
- Drive specifications for tools and automation that facilitate lifecycle management (installation to decommissioning)
- Implement process improvements and inform best practices where applicable
- Proven technical experience in a wide set of IaaS/PaaS on the Azure cloud platform
- Sound understanding and hands-on experience with Active Directory, Azure AD, SSO, 365 Groups, authentication methods and security
- Competence in PowerShell scripting and automation, as well as Infrastructure as Code
- Ability to produce technical reports and tooling using Log Analytics, PowerBI and other Azure products.
- A very good ability to understand different needs and how to develop appropriate solutions
- Outgoing, engaging, innovative and creative
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Familiarity working with and engendering support from cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions
- Proven ability to drive and ensure process standardization and adoption of best practices
We will review applicants on a rolling basis.
Founded in Norway in 1861, Wilhelmsen is now a comprehensive global maritime group providing essential products and services to the merchant fleet, along with supplying crew and technical management to the largest and most complex vessels ever to sail. Committed to shaping the maritime industry, we also seek to develop new opportunities and collaborations in renewables, zero-emission shipping, and marine digitalization. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace, with thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation, and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.