BD Integrated Diagnostic Solutions are looking for an Account Manager to further develop and create long-term relationships with our customers, drive and accelerate sales growth of Specimen Management product portfolio in Norway. BD Integrated Diagnostic Solutions embraces the range of sample taking, sample collections, diagnostics and results, including venous blood sampling and blood collection devices and accessories, to cell and biomarker preservation, et al. Together with Application Specialists you will identify new leads and opportunities. You will develop new and maintain business from existing customers, actively seeking new sales opportunities at microbiological and chemistry laboratories mainly in the public health care system.
- Build and maintain strong, long-term customer relationships with key stakeholders.
- Own and be accountable for new business leads and current customer base
- Being responsible for proactive tender work.
- Identify and develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of sales and opportunity pipeline.
- Ensure timely and successful delivery of BD solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Support and expand BD portfolio in current customer accounts and be the first point of contact for customer queries.
The position requires about 60-90 travelling days per year for customer visits, conferences, internal and external meetings and exhibitions. The position is located in Oslo, but other locations may be considered.
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Microbiology/Chemistry or other relevant field.
- Sales towards lab automation, microbiology, bacteriology, virology, chemistry, or equivalent is desirable.
- Working in a clinical or research laboratory environment would be advantageous.
- Experience of the Norwegian procurement and tender systems would be advantageous.
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs.
- Understands market/customer trends and effectively uses these to plan and execute short and long-term account plans.
Who are you?
To succeed in this position, you need to demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders convincingly, and at the same time listen. You should be results driven and proactively work on Territory Management and Business planning. As Account Manager you are expected to work organized and have a structured approach to work. We are looking for a team player with a proactive and independent nature of working. Strong verbal and written skills, in both Norwegian and English is necessary.
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD leads in patient and healthcare worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. The company provides innovative solutions that help advance medical research and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures and support the management of diabetes.