You are fluent in Norwegian and English, both orally and in written language.
You have built and managed your own servers using multiple operating systems, ex AWS/DigitalOcean, Redhat 5.2, Slackware, Windows NT 4.0 or Raspberry Pi 4.
You think this is funny: rm -rf /bin/laden
You like Hackathon because you understand that deadlines are fixed but problem solving can be dynamic.
You are not afraid of reaching out to your colleagues to discuss problems when faced with a challenge that you are stuck on.
You become part of our core back-end team responsible for the systems that tie everything together into a production environment for our customers.
The main focus of the role is to further develop services such as scan and analyses content from various sources (email, web, csv, and external APIs) and how these are the services communicate together.
We mainly develop in Python and primarily use Celery with Redis on AWS and our technology stack consists of the following architecture;
- Python + Celery
- Elixir + Phoenix
- Docker + Rancher
- Angular.io / TypeScript
- Database: RDS (PostgreSQL)
- Github + git-flow
- AWS (EC2, RDS, KMS, SNS, etc)
Key areas of responsibility
- As part of the Vic.ai development team the role will focus on Python stack for processing of invoices and interactions with the established AI models.
- Assist with dataset generation for the training of AI models and work closely with our AI team to set up scalable data storage solutions and assist with future growth needs.
- Own the deployment of the code base into production and associated post implementation best practises.
- Utilise internal technology stack to optimise performance and scalability of the platform.
- Identify, manage, escalate and report issues related to Performance, Accuracy and Stability
- Respond to internal escalations or system alerts and manage these escalations to resolution within a established service levels.
- Any other duties as instructed related to the job function.
- As part of continuous improvement take ownership of relevant system components to improve functionality, stability and/or capability.
- As a result of established work processes deliver solutions that meet the requirements of the assigned tasks.
Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Master's degree in Computer Technology or similar studies.
- Experience in transitioning environments from development to production and managing the production environment according to best practises such as performance monitoring, log monitoring and security.
- Experienced (5+ years) with Python programming language in production systems, knowledge of libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Django, Celery, PyTest, etc.
- Exposure to IT security and demonstrated adherence to best practises
- Database and storage systems, scaling and optimization of these
- API integration with other systems
- Ci systems such as TravisCi or CircleCi are preferable.
What we offer
- Attractive experience
Currently, many companies are looking for data scientists who are experienced in AI. With us you will get the experience, working with one of the most successful AI startups in Scandinavia.
- Strong professional environment
You will become part of a larger multinational developer community that is among the best in their field.
- Work where it suits you
We offer a flexible workday where you have the opportunity to work where it suits you best. Would you like to work in one of our offices? Or maybe from home? We will facilitate this.
- Smaller team
You become part of a work team that is never bigger than you can share a pizza. This means that you are very familiar with the people you collaborate with and will have major involvement in technical decision making
As well as very competitive salary conditions.
For more information around this position and Vic.ai, feel free to contact our recruitment partner Per Haakon Flottorp at Capus AS on +47 904 78 333 / firstname.lastname@example.org/en
Looking forward to reading your application.
We are a fast-growing Norwegian start-up. We develop artificial intelligence (AI) that simplifies accounting.
The company’s long-term goal is to develop virtual CFO and to automate multiple financial functions.
The company was started by three Norwegian entrepreneurs and our main investor is among the most renowned Silicon Valley investors (Cowboy Ventures and GGV Capital and Costanoa Ventures).
We have two main office locations, New York and Oslo. Whilst the vast majority of the engineering team are based in Oslo we have a number of developers working from remote locations.
Our customer base and range of products has experienced rapid growth and to keep our position as market leaders we need to scale our Engineering team accordingly.