We want to continue our journey of creating the most sutainable lighting solutions for our customers by building a world-leading technology team for lighting in Glamox. We are looking for a Product Development Manager who will lead the product development in the division for Professional Building Solutions (PBS). The product development department shall, with the help of the correct market information, ensure a future proof, competitive and profitable product range.
The position is located in Molde, a very important hub for the group with many group functions present. You will work closely with many parts of the organisation, including the development team in the GMO division, a leading supplier to the world’s marine and offshore markets, located in Ålesund.
To be successful we believe you will have these qualifications:
You have a relevant education (bachelor or master´s degree) and relevant working experience within product development. You can manage available resources cost-effectively. In this role you will collaborate broadly across the organisation to share best practice and utilize resources efficiently, so good cooperation skills are vital. You are a team player with experience in leading and motivating people and with excellent communication skills, both in Norwegian and in English. To keep in touch with our goals for the future you should proactively follow new trends and be an early adopter of relevant technologies and standards to successfully implement best practices. You value responsibility and progressive thinking.
You will build and manage a strong-solution oriented product development organisation and performance culture. We are looking for someone who will manage, organise, and motivate the team that currently counts around 15 people.
- Together with the product management, you will be responsible for the product development plan.
- Implement PBS strategy and road map.
- Responsibility for relevant KPIs budgeted operations cost and investments.
- Work closely with PBS sales units for the development of market-adapted products.
- Generate concepts for product councils and pre-projects together with product management.
- Participate actively in the PBS management team.
What we offer:
- Key management role in an international company.
- Great career development opportunities, both on the beautiful west coast in Norway and internationally.
- Working for a market leader with great focus on quality, sustainability, innovation and professionalism.
- Competitive compensation.
Glamox is a Norwegian industrial group that develops, manufactures and distributes professional lighting solutions for the global market. The Glamox Group is a leading supplier to the world’s marine and offshore markets, and a significant supplier to the professional building market in Europe.
The Glamox Group is a global organisation, with approx. 2300 employees within sales and production in several European countries, as well as Asia, North and South America. The annual turnover is NOK 3 490 million (2020). The Group owns a range of quality lighting brands including Glamox, Aqua Signal, Luxo, Norselight, LINKSrechts, Küttel, Luxonic, ES-System, LiteIP, Luminell and Wasco. Glamox is committed to meeting customer needs and expectations by providing quality products and solutions, service and support.