Do you have experience with building spring boot cloud native applications and want to be in front of developing Handelsbanken´s new digital unit?
Handelsbanken establishes a new unit: A modern, digital organization, having ambitions to build digital-first mobile and web banking applications for the retail banking market. To succeed with this, we need an experienced Lead Engineer focused on backend technologies to help ship the product and define the culture of the new digital unit. Are you the one we are looking for?
We have ambitious goals, fast pace, lots of energy and knowledge of what this means in terms of investments and willingness to change. This is a newly created position which gives you freedom to shape the culture and the position to a large extent. You will be part of the extended management team and have a key role in the company, with a particular responsibility for shaping, leading, and expanding the technological direction and team.
As Lead Engineer Backend, you will have the main responsibility for technology choices and ensuring timely and high-quality delivery. You will define and evolve coding standards, test strategy and review processes, as well as define, implement, and test integrations into existing core banking system. You will ensure alignment across 4-6 agile, cross-functional teams of backend and frontend engineers, product owners, and designers. You will work closely with the Chief Architect and other Tech Leads, as well as the Product Manager, to define, prioritize, and deliver on the product backlog.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience leading software development teams, defining development process, and technology choices
- Preferably experience leading technology across several teams
- Hands-on experience building spring boot cloud native applications (java/kotlin)
- Experience with relational databases and event-driven architectures
- Proficiency building cloud-native architectures on AWS or preferably Azure using Infrastructure as code (terraform)
- Experience in Banking, Payments, or similar regulated financial service environments
- Advocacy of modern development methodology, e.g., pair programming, TDD, mainline development
- Experience in a cross-functional, full-stack setup, managing end-to-end feature delivery
- Ability to collaborate with agile product owners to define and refine requirements
- 8+ years previous experience in hands-on backend developer roles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be a part of the most ambitious and exciting digital project in the Nordic banking industry
- Build a full-fledged banking solution at Neobank speed
- Create a highly attractive professional environment that stays at the forefront of digital development in the industry
- Have the flexibility to apply start-up methodology and speed in a corporate, regulated environment
- You will get a lot of responsibility and will be an important member of the extended management team
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits package with great employee schemes for banking, loans, pensions, and insurance
- Spacious office in central Oslo (Vika), 5 minutes from Nationaltheatret
Handelsbanken is Norway’s fourth largest bank with customers in both the private and corporate markets. The bank has a history of continuous growth and close to NOK 300 billion in loans. Handelsbanken is a challenger in the Norwegian market with an aggressive growth strategy in the coming years. In addition to traditional banking, the bank offers services in asset management, life insurance and securities (interest and currency, share brokerage, corporate finance).
The bank is known for having very satisfied customers, that it is solid and proper, and that it has a strong and proud internal culture based on established core values, great freedom and great responsibility for employees. Handelsbanken has more than 800 employees in Norway (growing), of which around 350 works at the head office at Tjuvholmen in Oslo. The bank has 41 bank branches around the country, which, together with an accelerated digital investment, will deliver customers Norway’s best banking experience. Handelsbanken has an ambitious sustainability strategy with a goal of climate neutrality in 2040, ten years before the goals of the Paris Agreement. The bank has made clear choices to contribute to sustainable restructuring and aims to be recognized as the most sustainable bank. Handelsbanken in Norway is part of the Handelsbanken group with headquarters in Stockholm. The bank was established in 1871 and has been in Norway since 1988.
Handelsbanken is a diverse and inclusive workplace with equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of who you are and what your background is. We therefore encourage everyone to apply.