- Responsible for key contributions to financial statements and group reporting under USGAAP, as well as to the annual NGAAP financial statements and tax returns of the ABB Norway legal entities
- Key contributor to ensuring that ABB Norway is in line with all applicable local accounting law and regulations, as well as internal Group accounting policies
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling the NGAAP ledger throughout the year and complete analyses and drafts of statutory financial statements at year end
- Review the tax calculation for ABB Norway and tax positions in internal ABB tools according to USGAAP, including participating in quarterly reviews of Tax positions, and in annual tax return preparations in collaboration with Hubs, GA Manager and Tax Manager
- Participate in monthly Trial Balance reviews and contributing to control performance and ICOFR, carry out ad hoc analyses and reviews, identify corrections and provide guidance on Accounting treatments, and thereby contributing to the overall completeness and accuracy of ABB Norway’s financial statements and reporting
- Be an important resource towards the company’s Auditor, ensuring timely submission of documentation from our team, and securing and expediting other functions’ submissions of auditor documentation where needed
- Involvement in pension reporting, as well as certain reconciliations of payments to the Tax Authorities
- Handle statistical reporting for our entities and support group reporting activities
- Participate in various projects such as any involving changes to our ERP system SAP, mergers/demergers of local legal entities, efficiency improvements etc.
- You are a driven and forward-leaning person, who enjoys seeking and diving into information, and working in a position with an interface to many stakeholders in the local and global organization
- Master’s degree or equivalent, public accounting/auditing preferred. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree and strong accounting experience also encouraged to apply
- Strong SAP and Excel skills will be highlighted
- Particular interest and knowledge in the area of Norwegian accounting and tax laws and regulations
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in auditing or accounting
- Strong communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Comfortable with working individually on accounting and tax matters and with presenting solutions and recommendations to Manager level
- Systematic, precise, and takes initiative in the areas responsible for, and handles those in an efficient manner
- Enjoys taking on new challenges and flexible to changes in requirements
What we can offer:
- Dynamic work environment with new challenges and varying tasks.
- Personal development and career opportunities.
- Competitive conditions, salary according to qualifications.
- Pension, group life and accident insurance.
- Flexible working hours.
- Comfortable and good working relationship with informal and close contact between employees and managers at all levels.
- Positive and exciting work environment.
The position is located at Fornebu.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV.
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.
If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 105,000 talented employees in over 100 countries. www.abb.com