Director of Marketing
AKJ is seeking a Director of Marketing who wants to be part of an exciting journey. The role will be based in Oslo and the individual will be part of a diverse and international team.
This is an entrepreneurial role that will require creative thinking and innovation. The successful candidate will be part of the management team and central to the development and strengthening of the organization’s processes and competence. The Director of Marketing will act as a key business partner to the organization’s C-level executives.
We want to work with the best, and we offer highly competitive terms to ensure that we do.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Expertly leading the organization’s marketing function, driving market presence/ visibility, brand development, positioning, messaging, media and PR strategy, and reputation management;
- Creating and implementing marketing/PR programs to meet our business objectives;
- Developing annual marketing strategy, campaigns and events to support our organizational and business goals;
- Acting as an impactful ambassador for the business with external parties;
- Generating “hype” – expanding our visibility and creating excitement for our products;
- Managing the development, scripting, editing, and production of communications, including social media, website, blogs and other online outlets; research reports, briefs, presentations; quarterly corporate reports; online newsletters; and videos;
- Overseeing interactive marketing and promotion, analytics, development, social media strategy and execution, including Adword campaigns, LinkedIn strategy, SEO/SEM programs and email campaign management, all with measurable ROI and a clear articulation of our product offering while compelling people to engage;
- Continuously leveraging data from across the business to adapt and enhance the marketing strategy, including market segmentation, business model analysis, win-loss, pipeline trends, market insights, analytic reports, and competitor research and analysis;
- Partnering with Sales to understand sales needs and delivering supporting materials to build brand awareness, positioning, and lead generation efforts, all suited for modern-day outreach;
- Planning and executing monthly webinars to generate marketing qualified leads
- Maintaining consistent branding across all marketing and sales communications;
- Conducting weekly marketing initiative status meetings with executive management;
- Positioning leadership members as thought leaders. Creating and prioritizing media opportunities, and overseeing the preparation of talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting materials as needed;
- Managing marketing budgets, including expenditures, return-on-investment, profit-loss projections, and the tracking and maintaining of expenses within approved budgetary guidelines;
- Leading the RFP process for marketing initiatives from strategic conception through execution, inclusive of proposal writing. Coordinate and manage relationships with key vendors;
- Developing marketing staff by recruiting, training and managing team members;
- Collaborating with Director of Human Resources on internal communications and development of organizational culture.
Qualifications must include:
- Bachelors-level education in marketing, business or a related field;
- 6+ years of marketing experience, preferably within the financial services sector;
- 3+ years of marketing leadership experience;
- An entrepreneurial mindset, strong work ethic, and process-oriented approach. The ability to work in a dynamic and demanding work environment to meet critical deadlines and complete projects with minimal supervision;
- Experience in marketing crypto-facing products and services;
- An established network of media and PR contacts, preferably including those within the crypto space;
- A creative mind, with an ability to think outside the box;
- A positive, dynamic and proactive attitude;
- Demonstrated ability to build marketing programs, marketplace visibility and customer excitement/engagement, all independently and with KPIs and measurable ROI;
- Experience building a marketing organization, recruiting successful staff and identifying and hiring outside resources. Ability to create/manage budgets and manage/oversee RFPs, inclusive of proposal writing;
- Demonstrated proficiency in B2B and B2C marketing. Experience utilizing a wide range of media channels and marketing assets to achieve measurable outcomes;
- Expertise in using social media to engage and deepen relationships with the media and public;
- Demonstrated experience with reputation management, utilizing public relations and social media to engage and deepen relationships with the public and media;
- Extensive writing and editing experience (print, online, video) that translates to persuasive, compelling storytelling;
- Significant experience and understanding of digital platforms, including web, mobile apps, paid media, social media, etc.;
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently to communicate with executive management, clients and coworkers;
- Experience managing a design team for projects ranging from web applications to print media;
- Proficiency with campaign management tools;
- Advanced marketing automation experience, with Pardot skill proficiency, preferred;
- Advanced Google Analytics proficiency required;
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Comfort/familiarity working with design software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Powerpoint.
If you have questions related to the position, you are welcome to contact Partner Johannes Westersø in Capus on 95 17 91 69 or adviser Anders Kihle on 97 76 78 16. To be considered for the position, you must apply via the link “Søk her”. You must then fill in a short form with personal details, as well as upload the application and CV.
AKJ is a rapidly expanding global conglomerate that is leading the transformation of finance. Our network of companies has driven change within financial services since 1995, and today we serve hedge fund and institutional clients in 35 countries around the world. Our shareholders have more than US$18 billion in assets under management, and we are rapidly approaching unicorn status.
We believe that the financial services industry is undergoing massive change, and we have been setting the standard by reorienting ourselves as a token-driven, crypto-focused enterprise. Our core product – a turnkey, tier-one hedge fund solution for fund managers – has been redesigned for the digital assets sector. We are market leaders, but we believe that we are just getting started.
We are not looking for competent people. We are looking for exceptional people. People that can see the future and want to help shape it. AKJ is a dynamic place to be, and we look forward to the prospect of you joining our team!