TOMRA now offers a unique opportunity for a central position within our Design & System Architecture department in an international, market leading technology organization. As a System Architect at TOMRA, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality, integrity, and scalability of TOMRA Collection Solution’s software products, solutions, modules, and features. The System Architect plays a lead role in identifying and documenting the business requirements, specifying the solution to meet the requirements, and providing guidance to achieve a successful implementation. The System Architect also contributes towards resolving issues and investigating underlying causes.
You will be working closely with product owners and development teams, to develop the next generation of software on TOMRA reverse vending machines as well as value-added software products and services for those machines.
- Lead and develop technical specifications to realize implementation of identified market or customer needs
- Ensure that developed solutions are aligned with architecture and business requirements, while meeting market and customer needs
- Discuss solution strategies, design and implementation choices with the developers, product owners and product managers
- Serve as escalation point for technical decisions
- Support the organization in continuous improvement of quality
- Contribute to the development of product and module roadmaps
- Contribute to management of TOMRA IPR portfolio
- Work in close cooperation with all disciplines in projects and other initiatives, to ensure best possible quality
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a computer related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian
- Structural and analytical abilities
- Accurate and quality minded
- Trustworthy and self-driven
- Know-how in translating general requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Enjoy working cross-functional with a broad portfolio of projects and initiatives
- Business oriented and user centric mindset
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company
- A Great Place to Work: TOMRA was recently named the fifth best place to work in Norway in 2018.
- Excellent facilities with modern gym, free parking, and healthy and varied lunch
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika
- Good opportunities for professional development and competence building
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Kristian Rizi, Research Analyst in Capus, phone: +47 958 12 625.
Application deadline: As soon as possible, and no later than Friday 14th of August.
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA has ~90,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~9.3 billion NOK in 2019. The Group employs ~4.500 globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM) The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending, material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting).
Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for close loop recycling. TOMRA has a tremendous opportunity to ensure that we keep even more bottles and cans out of our oceans, landfills and streets. TOMRA Collection Solutions state-of-the-art technology reduces material contamination and downcycling, and enables people to track the positive impact of their recycling efforts- empowering more people to get involved in creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy. Join our team at the headquarter in Asker to create a more sustainable future. For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com