Global Category Lead – Services Procurement in DNV
The position is located in the Global Shared Services (GSS) department at Head office in Oslo, and delivers services out of two Global Centers and 9 Regional Offices.
DNV’s procurement organization is currently undergoing a transformation. A new vision and strategy for procurement has been developed resulting in a new global procurement operating model. The Global Category Lead will be essential for the procurement transformation that DNV is currently undergoing. The goal is to increase professionalism and capabilities across indirect spend categories and geographies.
The position is newly established and will report to Director GSS Real Estate Management & Procurement.
- Accountable for category performance and value delivery across processes and levels
- Manage cross-functional category teams
- Measure the performance and analyze external category insights, as well as internal category spend data
- The role extends from demand management to category strategy development to management of all sourcing, purchasing and supplier management related to the category
- The global category lead will serve as a business partner
- Global category management will be related to HR, Professional Services (Legal & Finance) and Marketing
- Category strategy development, including supplier-, sourcing-, contract-, pricing-, and purchasing strategies
- Support and steer Regional Managers, sourcing, contract, and supplier experts within the category
- University level degree or above within engineering, economics, procurement or similar
- Experience within procurement and category management
- Experience specifically in a global procurement department will be a bonus
- Specific service lifecycle focus within category management
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written)
- The global category lead needs to have sufficient domain knowledge related to the Services Procurement category
- A strategic profile
- Attention to detail and deadlines whilst maintaining focus on the "broader picture"
- Cultural awareness and experience of working in a dynamic international environment with multiple stakeholders in different countries
- Performance driven, with a strong interest for commercial aspects, engaged, curious and have a high level of professional as well as personal integrity
- A business understanding, a business service and business partner mindset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of programs and awareness of purchase to pay software (Basware Cloud, SAP, Oracle)
This position offers excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth in an exciting and international environment with a high focus on competence development and teamwork, including but not limited to the following:
- The possibility to shape the position and development within the category scope
- Opportunities to learn and understand all business areas in the DNV GSS
- Opportunities to interact with colleagues around the world, as well as build a professional network
- Flexible place of work (in the office and from home)
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary incl. profit share
- Six weeks annual leave and further attractive benefits
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Application deadline: 10.02.2023
Location: Høvik, Norway
For further information, you are welcome to contact Capus at:
Partner Nathalie Smulders +47 47 08 38 41
Senior Advisor Celine Aasheim +47 47 24 68 86
Recruitment Assistant Maria Kivle +47 95 04 98 36
To be considered for the position, you must apply via the link "Apply for the position/Søk på stillingen".
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV provides high-quality, cost-effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance, Real Estate Management & Procurement, and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures, and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.