Do you want to work as an engineer in the biggest sovereign wealth fund in the world, together with lots of highly skilled people? Are you an ambitious engineer, who wants to work within an international environment and directly with business users? In Oslo? Then we have the job for you. Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking dedicated and results-orientated Identity and Access Management (IAM) Engineer to join the Security Engineering Services department within Technology and Support. We are part of Norges Bank Investment Management Technology area and has responsibility for operating and developing our technology platform.
What you will do
Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture, and we believe in delegation. You will be given the opportunity to excel and to make an impact. The right candidate for this position will be motivated by this challenge, is eager to learn new technologies and will help to develop our future ways of working with cloud services in a secure manner.
The main responsibility of the role is to enable effective Identity and Access Management in for our cloud platform delivering services like authentication and authorization for AWS resources, web apps and containers. You will also focus on automating and streamlining our services and act as an additional Subject Matter Expert to our operational security team. This position requires close collaboration with our Cloud Service team and developers throughout the organization.
As part of the IAM team, you will seek to continuously improve the way identities and access are provided to the business. We are looking to innovate in areas such as DevSecOps, Security Automation and using cloud native technology to improve NBIM’s security posture. We appreciate experience with scripting or programming and value an engineering mindset.
You will be working on the following tasks:
- Be a part of the IAM team and safeguard that the IAM solution meet the defined IAM architecture and IAM policies
- Develop automation for infrastructure deployment and configuration as code mainly in PowerShell, Python and/or CloudFormation
- Management and automation of advanced tasks related to Azure Active Directory
- Define authentication and authorization services for e.g. web applications and containers based on our toolchain
The role will join the global Norges Bank Investment Management Security Operations team, and reports to Head of Security Operations. Some travel is required. The role may be subject to a compensated on-call duty during weekends and holidays, in the future.
What you need
Experience from majority of the following is required:
- Hands-on experience with IAM and a good understanding of IAM concepts
- Hands-on experience with AD, Azure AD and PKI
- Hands-on experience with public cloud services, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code, preferably CloudFormation
- Programming and/or scripting languages such as Python, Bash or PowerShell
- Experience with standard protocols such as OAuth, SAML, SCIM etc.
- Azure AD security functions as conditional access, multi-factor authentication and privileged identity management
- CI/CD pipelines, preferably based on Github and Azure DevOps
Who you are
We are looking for a candidate with one or more of the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with cloud-based IT operations preferably within Security Operations
- Must be action-oriented and have a proactive approach to solving issues
- International mindset with an eagerness to learn
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ambition to excel and high level of integrity
What we offer Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth. Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation which consists of 33 nationalities. English as our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions. Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive Insurance Plan
• Home and Consumer Loan
• Inhouse Gym and Squash
• Access to holiday facilities in Norway and abroad
• Support to take necessary courses and certifications
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global, best known as the Petroleum Fund. We manage assets worth more than NOK 10,000 billion. The fund is invested in international equities, real estate and fixed income.
The purpose of the Petroleum Fund is to ensure responsible and long-term management of the revenues from Norway´s oil and gas resources so that both current and future generations can take part in the wealth.
The goal for the management of the fund is to achieve the highest possible return by taking moderate risk. This shall be excercised in a safe, efficient, responsible and transparent manner and within the mandate set by the Ministry of Finance.