EcoOnline is one of the fastest growing software companies in Europe. We develop SaaS (Software as a Service) solutions for all types of businesses with the goal of preventing human and environmental damage in health, safety, environment and quality (HSEQ). This way, we help save lives and take care of the environment. In addition, we offer software solutions that help our customers create safe, sustainable, efficient and attractive jobs.
More than 6,300 companies and 80 industries based in Northern Europe have chosen EcoOnline, as a supplier of user-friendly SaaS tools within HSEQ. We have a rapid growth and today we are 420 talented colleagues, as well as 70 contractors in our offices in Tønsberg & Oslo in Norway, Gothenburg in Sweden, Espoo in Finland, Aarhus in Denmark, Dublin & Limerick in Ireland and Birmingham & Liverpool in the United Kingdom. Our vision is to be the preferred provider of HSEQ tools & services and deliver sustainable results for our customers around the globe.
To continue to grow, we are now looking for a new colleague. As a Data Warehouse Architect at EcoOnline, you will be an important part of the company's further growth, and you will gain valuable experience and a professional network. In this role you will have great influence on how the company uses data in the years to come, and work closely with the different business areas on how they develop more efficient decision-making processes, but also how the management group becomes more data driven
Bringing big data together with other data systems can yield amazing insights, particularly when presented in ways that users can see information and make decisions that affect the business. As new technologies like Hadoop and R enable cheaper distributed processing and improved analytical capabilities, the bar from getting insights from new types of data, as well as ever increasing volumes of data, has come down.
This role is accountable for the end-to-end deployment and usage for data services internally in EcoOnline. The Data Warehouse Architect own’s the Data Warehouse Services technical architecture: data architecture design sessions, implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and design discussions with senior executives.
- Interface with delivery teams to design data services solutions in support of the over-arching analytics services solution
- Architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions, including technical feasibility for Big Data storage, processing and consumption e.g., development of enterprise Data Lake strategy, heterogeneous data management, Polyglot Persistence, decision support over Data Lake
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios
- Report on progress of business objectives; ensure plan execution, document and share technical best practices / insights with Engineering teams and the solution architect community
- Minimum 3 years of experience with both traditional and modern data architecture and processing concepts, including relational databases
- Norwegian speaking language is a prerequisite
- Preferably 3 years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures (i.e., having an architectural sense for connecting data sources, data visualisation, structured and unstructured data, etc.)
- Demonstrable hands-on experience implementing Big Data solutions using Microsoft Data Platform and Azure Data Services
- Operationalizing end-to-end cloud analytics solutions
- Create a data factory, orchestrate data processing activities in a data-driven workflow, monitor and manage the data factory, move, transform and analyse data
- Ingest data for real-time processing, design and provision compute resources, design for lambda architecture, design for real-time processing
- Technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software Design or Development, Application Design, Systems Operations / Management, Database Architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security
- Working knowledge with AGILE development
Knowledge and/or experience in one of the following are high on the list:
- Proficient with Azure cloud computing including big data technologies
- Azure SQL DB/DW, HD Insight, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Azure Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory, and CosmosDB
- C#, R, Python, SQL, PL/SQL, MDX, JSON, XML, .NET, C++, T-SQL, Java, JSON, PHP
- Hadoop (Hortonworks or Cloudera), Spark, Storm, Pig/Hive
- NoSQL, DocumentDb, MongoDB
- PL/SQL Developer, SQL Query Analyzer, R Studio, PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, etc, Visual Studio, TFS
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background highly desired
Why you should join us:
You will be joining a fast-growing SaaS company within our People, Culture & Processes department. You will be part of the team and work closely with IT support, HR & Recruitment, and other support functions of the company. As we are a fast-growing company, there will be opportunities to increase your knowledge and gain experience from a wide range of tasks and projects. We also offer excellent career progression, for the right candidate, in any of our office locations and wider company departments. We are also a company who support work life balance, and we offer flexible home office or office-based work as needed.
EcoOnline is an IT firm dedicated to developing software to make workplace safety and management and documentation of chemicals, as user-friendly and cost-efficient as possible. The company was founded in 2000 and currently has over 6500 customers and 420 employees in Ireland, UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland. Our headquarters are in Norway and we have operations across the EU region.