Anchor your career in the maritime industry and dive into a sea of opportunities with us now!
Empowering people through technology is our aspiration and so is setting the standard for how we work with technology across Wilhelmsen as shapers of the maritime industry. Creating actionable insights from data is a strategic priority and we are continuing to build and invest in our data & analytics platforms to support our ever-changing data driven ambitions as a company.
The Data & Analytics team plays a key role in Wilhelmsen Ships Service delivering operational, financial and management reporting to business divisions across the organization. This agile team consists of both internal and external data engineers, having full responsibility for both development and operations, from creating the data pipelines to visualising the data to end users. Our ideal candidate is looking for new challenges and would like to join a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about innovation, technology, and transformation.We can offer a great culture and work environment, career development, work-life balance and a job that is both challenging and stimulating.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to strengthen our Data & Analytics team by taking a key role in making our data driven ambitions a reality. We have recently completed our migration to Snowflake in Azure and are now looking for someone who can play a key role in the journey of taking it to the next level. The right person will help with designing and developing data pipelines, data models, reports, and dashboards, as well as functioning as our Power BI subject matter expert. You will also be involved in continuously improving Self Service BI as well as driving Power BI competence within the organization. The right candidate will also have the possibility to work with use-cases related to advanced analytics, including Process Mining, ML and IoT/streaming data. The role will report to the Data & Analytics Manager.
This is the perfect role for you if you enjoy getting your hands dirty with data and code, and thrive in solving complex challenges and testing out new technologies.
Your main responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Power BI reports in collaboration with key stakeholders across the organization
- Design, develop and quality assure data pipelines and dimensional models (star-schema)
- Maintain Power BI service, including workspace, report and app management
- Drive the competency build related to Power BI throughout the organisation, to ensure that WSS are in the forefront when it comes to utilizing Power BI and the surrounding Microsoft application eco-system
- Run bi-weekly “Center of Excellence” forums, with Power BI as one of the focus areas to share ideas, best-practices and other cool stuff
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Power BI and building data visualisations, as well as building and maintaining data pipelines and dimensional data-modelling
- Bachelor’s degree from business/finance, computer science, engineering or similar.
- Experience with Power BI, Snowflake, WhereScape and/or other ETL and visualisation tools
- Experience with Azure and/or other cloud platforms
- Experience with DAX/SQL/Python and/or other data preparation languages
- Proficient in English, written and verbal with great communication skills
The firm aspires to be the leading enablers of sustainable global trade. Committed to shaping the maritime industry, we also seek to develop new opportunities and collaborations in renewables, zero-emission shipping, and marine digitalization. Please apply for the position to be a part of the change!
We will review applicants on a rolling basis.
Founded in Norway in 1861, Wilhelmsen is now a comprehensive global maritime group providing essential products and services to the merchant fleet, along with supplying crew and technical management to the largest and most complex vessels ever to sail. Committed to shaping the maritime industry, we also seek to develop new opportunities and collaborations in renewables, zero-emission shipping, and marine digitalization. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace, with thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation, and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.