Do you want to create a product that has real impact? Are you similarly passionate about financial and digital services?
Handelsbanken establishes a new unit: A modern, digital organization, having ambitions to build digital-first mobile and web banking applications for the retail banking market. To succeed with this, we need an analytical and strategic Product Manager who will help ship the product and define the culture of the new digital unit. Are you the one we are looking for?
We have ambitious goals, fast pace, lots of energy, and knowledge of what this means in terms of investments and willingness to change. This is a newly created position, and you will be part of the unit’s management group. The Product Manager is a key role in Handelsbanken´s new digital unit, owning the overall product vision and direction, and you will get freedom to shape the culture of the cross-functional delivery teams, as well as your own position, to a large extent. As Product Manager you will be responsible for defining and prioritizing product functions and overseeing the execution in the agile delivery squads through the product owners reporting to you.
We believe you have good communication and teamwork skills and can synthesize and communicate business concepts. Handelsbanken works according to agile principles. Therefore, it is preferred that you can show experience in delivery of products, and leading product owner teams in successful technological projects using agile methodologies.
- Define the overall product vision
- Establish and align roadmaps for the different work streams and coordinate implementation with the Product Owners
- Define design guidelines and quality standards
- Align with stakeholders in other units of the bank
- Facilitate alignment with Design and Engineering leaders
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as Product Owner managing agile squads
- Significant experience making successful user-oriented solutions (proven drive) based on analytic data
- Strong industry knowledge in retail, banking, payment services, or FinTech
- Knowledge of modern fundamental technological and digital concepts
- Knowledge of banking and payment regulations in Norway and Nordics
- 10+ years of experience managing finance-based products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be a part of the most ambitious and exciting digital project in the Nordic banking industry
- Build a full-fledged banking solution at Neobank speed
- Create a highly attractive professional environment that stays at the forefront of digital development in the industry
- Have the flexibility to apply start-up methodology and speed in a corporate, regulated environment
- You will get a lot of responsibility and will be an important member of the extended management team
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits package with great employee schemes for banking, loans, pensions, and insurance
- Spacious office in central Oslo (Vika), 5 minutes from Nationaltheatret
Handelsbanken is Norway’s fourth largest bank with customers in both the private and corporate markets. The bank has a history of continuously growth and close to NOK 300 billion in loans. Handelsbanken is a challenger in the Norwegian market with an aggressive growth strategy in the coming years. In addition to traditional banking, the bank offers services in asset management, life insurance and securities (interest and currency, share brokerage, corporate finance).
The bank is known for having very satisfied customers, that it is solid and proper, and that it has a strong and proud internal culture based on established core values, great freedom and great responsibility for employees. Handelsbanken has more than 800 employees in Norway (growing), of which around 350 works at the head office at Tjuvholmen in Oslo. The bank has 41 bank branches around the country, which, together with an accelerated digital investment, will deliver customers Norway’s best banking experience. Handelsbanken has an ambitious sustainability strategy with a goal of climate neutrality in 2040, ten years before the goals of the Paris Agreement. The bank has made clear choices to contribute to sustainable restructuring and aims to be recognized as the most sustainable bank. Handelsbanken in Norway is part of the Handelsbanken group with headquarters in Stockholm. The bank was established in 1871 and has been in Norway since 1988.
Handelsbanken is a diverse and inclusive workplace with equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of who you are and what your background is. We therefore encourage everyone to apply.