NHST Media is a global media group in the beginning of a very exiting journey. We are rethinking ourselves to gain a user- and customer orientation and increased speed on digitalization of our business. Significant investments have been allocated to renew our technology platforms. And we now need an enterprise architect to ensure a holistic approach to our enterprise architecture, set the direction for the next years and follow up on the implementation. This role will be key to insure we have a high performing platform to deliver great products and services to our users and customers.
As our enterprise architect, you will be responsible for setting the strategy for our enterprise architecture in line with the business strategy of NHST Media. A key part of the role is the dialog with our stakeholders to translate the business needs into technology solutions.
- You will work tightly with techleads and cross functional teams to implement our architecture vision.
- You will work with all the teams of the Data & Technology department from product development, analytics, and operations. We work in a distributed set up with people located in Oslo, Norway and in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- You will have a central role in the selection of third-party vendors.
- You will play a central role in following technology trends, evaluating and suggesting new technology.
- You will be a part of the management team in Data & Technology department reporting to the CTO.
The ideal candidate will have
- Higher education within technology – preferably as software engineer.
- Knowledge in use of technology to create high value.
- Experience with or strong interest in enterprise perspective from analytics to operations and information security. Experience with data architecture and subscription-based business model would be a plus.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and DevSecOps.
- Strong strategic perspective.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and fluent in English. Scandinavian language would be an advantage.
Our technology stack
As enterprise architect you will have the overall architectural responsibility over all these teams:
Our product teams are transitioning from Private cloud to AWS.
Our journalistic content is refered to as the editorial stack. The stack is built around Aptoma CMS DrPublish, with node/vue client serving the latest articles to our website. Our mobile apps are hybrid, mostly built native, but reusing the webviews for rendering articles.
Our selfservice channels, refered to as the subscription stack, are built on java backend with clients on Django. This stack is currently undergoing a major transformation towards a microservice architecture running in AWS.
The data team is currently on Azure cloud platform with infrastructure defined as a code in Terraform. Our data pipelines run in Apache Airflow on python-based ETL. QlikSense is our data visualization tool and the data science workbench is in Python.
Hosting our local IT infrastructure and operation is outsourced to Intility – a Norwegian company offering platform service for multi-cloud IT environments. The service delivered includes an end-to-end operations and support for our 600 users. Microsoft 365 is used for collaboration and productivity.
NHST Media Group AS is an international media group that owns Dagens Næringsliv and a number of industry publications, Fiskeribladet, Intrafish.no/.com, Recharge, Tradewinds, Upstream and Europower/Enerwe. In addition to media activities, NHST Media Group AS also owns Mynewsdesk and Mention, with online PR tools delivered as SaaS-services globally. Dagens Næringsliv is Norway’s most important provider of news, stories and opinions on business, economy, and society. Our Global publications serves some of the world’s biggest industrial sectors, like shipping, seafood, renewables, oil & gas. Mynewsdesk and Mention enables brands and agencies to reach out to journalists with PR stories, monitor the web, listen to, and engage large audiences.