Ikano Bank is strengthening their Norwegian branch with a new Head of Legal. In this role you are responsible for ensuring corporate governance and provide legal advice to lkano Bank Norway.
We are looking for a Head of Legal who is always working towards a right balance between business needs and local legislation and compliance. The right candidate has great collaborative skills, and will find it motivating to work both locally and globally.
You will be part of Ikano Bank where we create possibilities for better living by offering simple, fair, sustainable and affordable financial services, enabling a healthy economy for many people. We do it with different perspectives, natural curiosity, and long-term focus. The role offers a unique chance for greater responsibility and future opportunities.
- Advisory and support in the daily operations regarding all legal and corporate governance matters.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on opportunities.
- Stay updated on relevant international and local legal developments.
- Responsible for contractual documents in Ikano Bank.
- Participate in relevant external forums and networks.
- Represent Ikano Bank in dispute resolutions and litigations.
- Ensure compliance for Ikano Bank within the financial regulatory framework and be up to date on key regulatory changes.
- Norwegian Master of Laws with very good achievements and qualifications as a lawyer (practicing certificate).
- Excellent knowledge and experience within the following fields of law: Norwegian and international banking and finance regulatory framework, contract law, consumer credit and marketing law.
- 4-6 years of professional experience as an in-house legal counsel, lawyer in an international law firm or business environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Norwegian.
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Team player.
- Well-structured, with attention to details.
- Result oriented and solution focused, with a strong commercial mindset.
- Ability to communicate complex legal matters in a straightforward manner.
- Able to make pragmatic and business oriented legal recommendations.
Ikano Bank Norway Offers:
You will get the chance to influence your daily work, collaborate closely with stakeholders internally and externally on a global level. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values; common sense and simplicity, working together and daring to be different. We work hard, have fun, and operate with a long-term perspective. Ikano Bank Norway offers work-life-balance, and a competitive compensation and benefits packagefor their highly valued employees.
Application deadline: as soon as possible
Location: Asker, Norway
For further information, you are welcome to contact Capus at:
Partner Nathalie Smulders +47 47 08 38 41
Senior Advisor Celine Aasheim +47 47 24 68 86
Recruitment Assistant Maria Kivle +47 95 04 98 36
To be considered for the position, you must apply via the link "Apply for the position/Søk på stillingen".
Ikano Bank creates possibilities for better living by offering simple, fair and affordable services, enabling a healthy economy for the many people. Our offer includes savings and loan products for consumers, sales support services for retailers, and leasing and factoring solutions for business. We conduct business in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, the UK, Poland, Germany and Austria. Ikano Bank is a part of the Ikano Group. We aim to grow significantly in the coming years by becoming a truly digital and entrepreneurial-driven bank – providing solutions that simplify people’s everyday life and help businesses grow.