Santander Consumer Finance is looking for a highly motivated Business Controller with strong financial understandings and a commercial mindset to join our Business Controller team. In this position you will join a qualified team that work across all business functions, products, and markets in which we are represented in the Nordics. Key is supporting and challenging the business based on your financial and market understanding. The position reports to Nordic Head of Business Control.
As a Business Controller you will continuously review and challenge our financial performance, being able to tell the story behind the numbers to various stakeholders, including the senior management team. An important objective for Business Control is to provide transparent information to enable and drive effective decision making in achieving our strategic objectives. This entails for example supporting the business in preparing business cases to support strategic decisions.
- Analyze, identify, understand, and comment on the main business drivers impacting performance vs. Budgets and Forecasts
- Present business insights related to financials in monthly and ad hoc meetings
- Support commercial teams to understand the key drivers impacting their product P&Ls
- Identify (business and financial) risks and opportunities
- Perform business deep dives (review profitability of products, markets etc.) with main purpose to improve strategy execution and decision making
- Drive financial insights and support the business in preparing business cases to support strategic decisions
- Take initiative to start, lead and execute improvement projects which will assist the business in making better decisions
- Be a part of agile teams on behalf of Finance and be a Finance representative in local commercial management team
- Responsibilities in this role can be adapted to the experience and competence of the candidate
- Strategic thinker and commercial mindset, curious and proactive identifying opportunities to leverage data
- Self-motivating and self-driven
- Thrives in a dynamic and changing environment and performs well under pressure
- Team player with very good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both English and Norwegian
- Commercial acumen and strong business partnering focus
- Power user of Microsoft office, with specific focus on excel modeling and analysis. (Power BI, SAS, other data programs a strong advantage)
- Knowledge of accounting principles, calculus, budgeting and analysis/data/BI and capability to stay updated
- Solid business/finance understanding with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to connect and align with many stakeholders
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 2+ years of relevant experience (within banking will be an advantage)
- Recent graduates are welcome to apply
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and across countries
- Project management experience an advantage
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or similar level of education
- An opportunity to work in a large, high-performing international company, in a Nordic unit with a high speed
- Possibility to work both from a local market point of view as well as Pan Nordic
- A corporate culture that is professional and dynamic, yet informal. Bureaucracy is kept to a minimum, as we expect our skilled employees make long lasting and impactful decisions to shape our future
- An excellent working environment with highly competent, dedicated, and friendly co-workers
- Some travelling will be required
If you have the right profile, please submit your application as soon as possible. Applications are considered on an ongoing basis. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact us for an informal chat.
Santander is a Nordic bank in an international company and consists of more than 1400 good colleagues in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland – and is part of the global banking group Banco Santander, which has over 200.000 employees and 150 million customers worldwide.
Santander in the Nordics provides several different banking services and offers car loans and other consumer financing. Santander is committed to being a modern bank with services that respons to users´ wishes. We were among the first in Norway with Apple Pay. Banco Santander is recognized as the world´s most sustainable bank according to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for 2019.