We're currently on the hunt for an experienced and creative Frontend developer to spearhead the design and development of our web client solutions for the digitization, processing, and 2D/3D visualization of complex, geospatial data.
Working alongside a highly skilled team, you will devise and implement exciting solutions. At Argeo, you're granted the freedom to enforce your own best practices and assume responsibility for the end product. You will contribute significantly to the growth of the company, where the journey from idea to implementation is fast and impactful.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
At Argeo, we work with vast amounts of data from our AUV drones, and as the Frontend developer your main role will be to drive the innovation, design, and development of our web client solutions, with a strong emphasis on building user- friendly interfaces for the processing and visualization of geospatial and ocean data.
We are looking for someone with solid UX and frontend development experience, who has an inherent curiosity and a knack for problem-solving. You should have the ability to mentor colleagues and teammates, and work well with staff from diverse departments. You'll collaborate closely with data scientists to develop and implement user-centered designs and solutions for the interpretation of geospatial data.
Preferred competence and personal qualities:
- BSc or MSc in Software Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field, or significant programming and design experience
- Proficient in frontend development using modern libraries and frameworks like React
- Solid understanding of UX design principles and methodologies
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
- An innovative mindset, service-oriented, and self-driven
- An international team of highly skilled and motivated team members
- The opportunity to work with autonomous underwater and surface vehicles
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and benefits
About the employer
Argeo believes in having regional offices to facilitate close operations in key industrial areas. This builds strategic and long-term relationships, as well as in depth local industry know-how with our key customers. Currently Argeo operates in two locations in Norway, (Asker and Tromsø), in Sweden (Stockholm), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), the US (Houston) and Singapore.