Numascale has developed and productized several generations cache-coherent node controller ASICs and FPGAs, interfaced with the latest UPI technology from Intel. We are now engaged in the development of memory expanders and switches for the new CXL standard, and we have contributor membership in the CXL consortium. We are currently working with 5-7nm technology nodes.
We need your help to grow the engineering strength of Numascale and expand into new markets. The team has its base in Numascale headquarters in Oslo. You will work in an international, growing company with 40+ highly skilled engineers spread over several geographical locations in Europe, USA and Asia.
In this position, your experience will help to shape our verification strategies for the next generations of Numascale’s ASIC and FPGA products, both at chip and module level. Starting from initial specifications, you will plan, execute and analyze the verification of a design until product release, interacting with other world-leading technical teams.
You will join a highly motivated, collaborative and learning-driven environment in which we value innovation and quality. You will have the opportunity to mentor team members, share your knowledge and further strengthen our verification methods.
We are looking for teammates with a genuine passion for technology. We believe that the right candidate has good academic results and a great interest in digital design, integrated circuits, processors and electronics in general.
Essential skills and experience:
- 4+ years of relevant working experience
- Good knowledge of a verification language or verification framework such as SystemVerilog/UVM or VHDL/UVVM
- Experience with industry standard EDA tools
- Collaborative mindset • Good communication skills in English
- Able to work independently
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Also some of:
- Knowledge of constrained random verification approach, functional coverage, assertions
- Transaction level modeling
- Experience with formal verification methods
- Good knowledge of a scripting language
- Motivated to analyze and debug complex structures
- Experience with caches, coherency protocols and their verification
- Knowledge of modern, low latency, high bandwidth communication standards
What we offer:
- You will get the opportunity to work with and learn from international, world leading technical teams.
- Various social events at team and company level
- Very nice and modern offices in Oslo
- Competitive salary
- Employee ownership scheme
- High focus on skill improvement and training
- Insurance and pension plan
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Supportive and inspiring colleagues
- Relocation assistance and support package
All applications will be treated confidentially.
About the employer
Numascale develops unique hardware and software for the most challenging computing workloads. In 2014 the company delivered the enabling technology for the world’s largest computer running under one instance of the operating system. We have a long history of contributing to the open-source Linux and HPC community.
Our technology for shared memory and cache coherent interconnect allows programs to access any memory location and any memory mapped I/O device in a multiprocessor system with very high performance. The technology is being used to scale systems to thousands of processor cores and hundreds of terabytes of memory.