Antec offers a skilled professional environment with engaged colleagues who focus on well-being, diversity, and humor. With us you get the opportunity to work with technology of great significance and an employer who wants to facilitate a greener society. We have an entrepreneurial mind that makes us work agile and our employees are given the freedom to greatly influence our day-to-day activities.
To sum it up, we can offer:
• A flexible and varied workday with a high degree of freedom
• A strong professional environment where we focus on personal development of our employees, with the opportunity to build a career both nationally and internationally
• Competitive terms that reflect your competence, as well as good insurance and pension schemes
As our new Mechanical Engineering Lead, you will face the following tasks:
- Manage the daily operational activities of the mechanical team
- Establish daily work priorities and goals for mechanical staff
- Conduct reviews in terms of employee performance and quality control
- Facilitate and encourage communication with other discipline & teams/projects
- Schedule and conduct mechanical meetings to discuss workload and monitor scope of work changes
- Monitor incorporation of codes, securing compliance with regulations and client standards
- Participate in project teams from concept phase to construction documents and through construction services
- Assist the mechanical team in strategizing the development and enhancement of core technology
- Bachelor´s or master´s degree in mechanical engineering (or other relevant fields)
- 10+ years mechanical engineering experience; preferably in the design of engineering process systems for Energy Technology industries
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience mentoring junior staff and motivated to engage in team development
- Experience in modern work methods and digital tools supporting and making the daily work efficient with high quality
- Applied knowledge and a thorough understanding of best practices within process industry
- Experience with facilitating design teams in determining an optimized engineering solution
- Strong technical understanding and attention for detail
In Antec we value younger talents and strongly encourage those who seek the next step in their career to apply.
- You should be self-motivated and possess strong leadership skills with an initiative to deliver high quality
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Genuine interest in the field of Mechanics and mechanical design
- Commitment and ability to achieve goals
- You should be able to communicate in both English and Norwegian, written and vocally
Who do we want on our team?
For this role, we are looking for someone who wants and has experience of taking full responsibility for our technical deliveries. You have technical interest and understanding, enjoy taking initiative, and are often ahead in seeing opportunities and risks in your work.
We believe it is positive if you can demonstrate organizational skills and experience from complex projects. You are motivated and driven by influencing the outcome of the work you do. We see our suppliers as partners, and you enjoy developing good solutions and relationships for long-term and stable deliveries.
Applications are evaluated continuously.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact our recruitment partner, Sondre Urbye Kjelsrud (986 52 622) or Emilia Lundahl Otterhals (480 38 088).
About the employer
Antec Biogas AS is a leading EPC supplier of biogas plants based on its own developed, patented technology (Antec’s biofilm reactor). The business delivers circular economy in practice – plants that efficiently convert organic waste into green energy and fertilizer. This is technology that fits perfectly into the EU’s ambitions expressed through the EU Green Deal, Fit for 55, and REPowerEU. The plant opened by the prime minister in Stord earlier this year proves the technology and business case. Potential customers from all over the world are showing interest.
Antec Biogas has a close collaboration with the research community at NIBIO and NMBU to improve the biological process and a skilled team of engineers and partners to further develop the process plant and biofilm reactor.
The international and green investment fund Lightrock, the Norwegian growth fund Norselab, and the venture capital environment Project Sandwater were invited in as owners in 2021 to finance further growth. The company now has more than 20 employees, with most working at the headquarters in Skullerud, Oslo.
Sondre Urbye Kjelsrud
Rådgiver Research og Analyse
Emilia Lundahl Otterhals