This is an exciting opportunity to work as a lawyer in a global technological company that is committed to sustainability and the environment. TOMRA is now looking for a Legal Counsel to join our legal team at the headquarters in Asker, Norway. We are looking for a highly motivated, solution-oriented, and confident professional that are interested in working close with our global business. The position is new and will be part of the legal team reporting to the General Counsel in TOMRA. You will mainly serve TOMRA’s largest business area, TOMRA Collection, which is responsible for our Reverse Vending Solutions globally. We can offer exciting, varied working days with the opportunity to develop your skills and interests, and be involved in a wide range of legal tasks and projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- As Legal Counsel you will provide legal advice and support to the TOMRA organisation on corporate and commercial law matters in an international environment.
- You will support TOMRA’s business with our expansion plans, including assisting with TOMRA’s new market entries, new partnerships and business models, various projects and contracts.
- You will identify and manage legal risks and contribute to developing the internal legal governance structure.
- Provide training and guiding to local management and organisation.
- Manage and liaise with external counsel.
- Contribute to the general activities of TOMRA’s legal department.
Qualifications and skills
- Master of law with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from commercial legal work gained at a law firm or as an in-house counsel in an international company.
- Company and corporate law/M&A, contract law and competition law are relevant areas of expertise.
- Admitted to the bar and have all necessary practicing certificates.
- Professional proficiency in both Norwegian and English.
- Strong integrity and work ethics.
- Commercial mindset, including strong attention to quality of work.
- Solution-driven and proactive with the ability to work structured and independently.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with management and colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Live the TOMRA values and be genuinely interested in contributing to the collegial environment, both in Asker and abroad.
- Professional challenges within a global and expansive, technology company.
- Competitive salary and employment benefits like medical insurance.
- Flexible workplace (“Hybrid-working”). Excellent and modern facilities with gym, free parking and electric charging.
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen, and Sandvika.
- Very good opportunities for professional development and competence building.
Please enclose application letter, CV and other relevant documents.
Join our team at the headquarter in Asker to create a more sustainable future!
Get to know TOMRA:
For more information about TOMRA, look at some of the articles about us:
- Get to know our latest product release, the R1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNoHgQUsgg&list=PL7A818937C801C315&index=13&t=0s
- Introducing a deposit scheme in Australia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyhPvsrVvVA
- What is clean loop recycling?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIYQ5BG26c
For further information, please contact Senior Advisor Adrian Marthinsen in Capus, phone 93 81 55 23
TOMRA was founded in 1972 on an innovation that began with the design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today, TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that enables the circular economy with advanced collection and sorting systems which optimize resource recovery and minimize waste in the food, recycling and mining industries. The company today consists of TOMRA Collection, TOMRA Recycling Mining and TOMRA Food. Altogether, TOMRA has more than 100,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide. The TOMRA Group employs roughly 4,600 people globally, and has ambitious expansion plans for the coming years, with further scalability.