The FQ&A team is responsible deliver accurate and timely representation of the Bank’s financial performance in accordance with laws and regulations, as well as maintain the internal control framework for the Bank. All statutory reporting definition and accounting treatment is to be defined by this team. We are also responsible for all accounting policies for the bank and answering ad hoc requests on short deadlines.
The new Financial Controller will beside daily tasks in the FQ&A team, be responsible for our customer tax reporting. You will have lead on the reporting and coordinate with the rest of the business involved, making sure we deliver within deadline and with good quality.
- You will lead and coordinate customer tax reporting on a Nordic level
- Drive improvements, standardization, and process efficiency.
- Maintaining and developing the Nordic Chart of Accounts, reporting and internal control process for the Bank.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process.
- Quality review of account reconciliations and accounting monitoring.
- Consult and advice in accounting and internal control matters.
- Participate and/or drive project and other ad hoc matters
You are a team player with a positive mindset and care deeply about the success of your work, your colleagues, and the wider objectives in the organization. You have the ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner. You are a people person, curious and eager to learn something new. You are not afraid to take lead and you know how to prioritize. In Santander we have a high pace environment, so it important that you get energy and motivation by this.
Competence and skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner
- Project planning skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with customer tax reporting would be an advantage
- You have knowledge of internal control
- Self-starter, quick learner, and flexible team player
- Enjoys driving change and improvement initiatives
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
- Minimum 2 years of relevant accounting experience or from a similar position
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business, Economics or Finance. Other experience may compensate for educational requirements.
We are looking forward to get your application! Selection and interviews are held on an ongoing basis. If you have any questions, contact partner Johannes Westersø or advisor Ramajana Knudsen.
Santander is a Nordic bank in an international company and consists of more than 1400 good colleagues in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland – and is part of the global banking group Banco Santander, which has over 200.000 employees and 150 million customers worldwide.
Santander in the Nordics provides several different banking services and offers car loans and other consumer financing. Santander is committed to being a modern bank with services that respons to users´ wishes. We were among the first in Norway with Apple Pay. Banco Santander is recognized as the world´s most sustainable bank according to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for 2019.