The Technology and Operational Support (TOS) unit is part of Hydro’s Aluminium Metal business area and has around 180 employees in Norway and Germany. The Digital Production Support department in the TOS unit has 27 internal developers and 15-20 long term hired consultants. We focus on cross functional Product Teams, DevOps and agile methodology to deliver value from digital transformation in the production area. Together with our long proven APICS (Aluminum Production Information and Control System) and HAL3000/4000 solutions we are now focusing on developing and deploying digital tools within maintenance as well as analytical platforms in cloud and IIoT solutions in the plants worldwide.
Our product and service portfolio are growing based on increased needs in the business, and now we are searching for talents to join our cloud products team. Our strategy and roadmap for the coming years includes major development activities for our in-house developed cloud applications in addition to an ambitious implementation program of these products in our production sites across North America and Europe.
To become a data driven company, real-time information sharing between business-critical applications across on-premises, cloud, mobile and IoT infrastructure is needed. As a cloud developer you will be a key enabler for digital transformation in the company, and build scalable, secure and modern applications that will make an impact on the future. The right candidates will work closely with our product development teams, production units in Hydro, external technology suppliers and infrastructure hosting partner.
You will participate in the following tasks:
- Be part of a cloud products team that develop and maintain Hydro’s integration platform, data and analytics platform, and digital maintenance toolbox.
- Designing and developing high performing, scalable and stable cloud-native applications that will solve real and complex challenges for the business and the society
- Exploring the latest technology trends in cloud and shape the digital foundation of the future
- Formulating strategies and designing architectures for cloud-native applications
- Work closely with the customer when it comes to planning, testing and go-live activities
- Take part in operation and support activities (incident, problem and change management)
We are looking for candidates with experience in software development and cloud native applications.
- University degree (bachelor’s or master’s degree), from IT, computer science, software engineering or similar. Relevant experience can compensate for formal education
- Good knowledge within one or more of the following:
- Azure technology stack
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Java, Python
- Asynchronous messaging architectures
- Azure DevOps, CI/CD, GitOps, Infrastructure as Code
- Infrastructure architecture
- Data protection and cyber security skills
- Flexibility in working with different teams and tasks
- Ability to produce high quality content and services consistently and efficiently
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. Professional working proficiency in Norwegian, German or Portuguese is an asset, but not a prerequisite
We offer an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the business of a global corporation while applying your expertise in analytics and data. This is a visible role with many interfaces, where you will apply your specialist competence as a system engineer to business areas and group functions. For the right candidate, the position offers an attractive platform for professional and personal development. At Hydro you will have the opportunity to travel and stay at our facilities in Europe, Asia, and America in connection with work related assignments.
The position is primarily located in Årdal or Oslo, but it’s possible to work from other Hydro locations as Haugesund, Karmøy, Høyanger and Sunndal. We are in addition to this offering other options for remote work, even at your preferred location.
Hydro Årdal offers fantastic surroundings, active environment in sports and outdoor life, music and voluntary organizations, location midway between Bergen, Trondheim and Oslo and an innovative technology environment. Read more about Årdal at https://dittardal.no/
The position may require some business travel.
Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations. Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.