As a person you are creative and curious, and therefore willing to go the extra mile to get things done. You have strong organizational skills with the proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, and good analytical abilities (root cause). It’s important for us that you have good interpersonal and written/verbal skills.
The Senior Software Engineer (3D Measurements) will be located at Oslo, Norway and reports to Head R&D department.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop 3D measurement algorithms for laser rangefinder-based instrument.
- Develop programs for data reduction chain, optimizing measurements accuracy and geometrical calibration.
- Develop tools and interfaces for product integration.
- Responsible for specification, development, test, and documentation of software.
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams and mentor other developers
- Support to sales, production, and customers in the field.
- C / Modern C++ for real time hardware near embedded programming under tight constraints on computing power and memory footprint.
- Experience in linear algebra and numerical computing.
- Analysis of real time data and evaluation of data reduction methods
- Design of mathematical models of real-world systems and experience with fitting model parameters
- Designing a 3D calibration setup and using it for fitting the model's parameters by non-linear optimization.
- Linux as advanced user.
- Bachelor/Master is one of the areas Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Measurement Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant programming experience
- A position in a highly skilled, multi-cultural team.
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation.
- Thousands of patents, design, and innovation awards.
- A position in a growing market where strong initiatives really make a difference.
- A global network of resources and expertise, with the opportunity to travel.
Feel free to contact our Partner Arne H. Underdal-Loktu / Arne.Loktu@capus.no or Recruitment Assistant Jonas Ripegutu / Jonas.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Mettler-Toledo Cargoscan is a world leader in developing and manufacturing dimensioning equipment and automatic data capture solutions for the Transport and Logistics Industry.
Since 1985 CARGOSCAN has supplied dimensioning and data capture solutions to logistics companies all over the world. We design, develop and manufacture volume measurement instruments that scans three-dimensional items like small parcels on conveyor belt, freight on pallets etc. The instruments are based on visible light laser time-of-flight scanners and represent the «gold standard» in our industry.
CARGOSCAN officially became part of the METTLER TOLEDO group in 2000. We are located in Oslo and serve customers worldwide through Mettler Toledo’s global sales and service network. As a strong technological leader, our company offers stability and the potential for exciting career opportunities.