The energy transition requires large investments in renewable energy projects. Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) is seeking a dedicated Analyst in the Renewable Energy Infrastructure team.
You will work as part of the investment team for Renewable Energy Infrastructure and will support the investment process through assessing prospective investment opportunities and performing financial analyses in live transactions, as well as following up existing portfolio assets. You will work in a high-performing team and quickly be involved in deal executions from start to finish.
The position is based in Oslo and some travel will be required. You will report to the Global Head of Renewable Infrastructure.
What you will do
- Assess and value prospective investment opportunities.
- Contribute with financial analyses on live transactions as part of the investment team.
- Support with the internal investment process, including preparation of material to the investment committee.
- Conduct research and analysis to be used as basis for strategic decision making.
- Analyse operational and financial data from existing investments.
- Provide ad hoc analytical, research and modelling support for the team.
- Attend meetings with business partners, advisors, peers and developers.
What you need
- University degree with strong academic records.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant working experience, preferably from a financial investor or top-tier investment bank.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Relevant experience with MS Excel and financial modelling.
- Strong communication skills and ability to synthesize complex matters effectively and concisely.
- Strong working proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Interest in sustainability and renewable energy.
- An enthusiastic approach with a strong commitment to learning.
- High work capacity and strong attention to details.
Who you are
You have a key interest in renewable energy and investment transaction processes. We think you are an empathic and an experienced collaborator with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You have high levels of integrity, emotional intelligence, a curious, open and international mindset.
You enjoy taking the initiative, nurturing strong stakeholder relationships, is intellectually curious and has an international mindset and is not afraid of taking the initiative.
What we offer
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity, and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy, and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions. Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all employees.
Perks and benefits
We offer everyone at the fund competitive pay, an engaging work environment, and an opportunity for personal growth and development. In addition, you can look forward to:
- Work with purpose - Through responsible investment and active ownership, we work to safeguard and build financial wealth for future generations.
- Learning budget – Being the best requires continuous improvement. In the fund, you’ll get support to take courses and certifications to stay inspired and learn new skills.
- Keep it healthy – In addition to in-house gym, basketball court, and squash court, we have multiple sports clubs and offer discounts on gym memberships and stores.
- Out of office – When you’re taking time off, we provide access to holiday facilities in Norway and abroad, for you and your family. Find your charging station and come back energised!
- Moving places – Moving to a new home can be both stressful and time consuming. As part of Norges Bank, we offer home and consumer loans to all our employees to make the transition easier.
- Staying safe – We take the safety of our employees extremely serious. That’s why everyone is offered a comprehensive life and disability insurance plan, so you can relax and focus on what matters!
Are you interested?
We would love to hear from you! You can apply through the link in this ad, that will take you to the application form in our recruitment system. Applications will be reviewed consecutively throughout the application period.
Do you have questions about the role or the team? Please contact our external search partners from Capus, Johannes Westersø (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jenny Conradi (email@example.com).
Employment with Norges Bank is conditional on approved security check in accordance with Norges Bank’s rules, which may include criminal background and credit checks, and approved verification of employment history and academic records.
Application close at 23:59 CET
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global, best known as the Petroleum Fund. We manage assets worth more than NOK 10,000 billion. The fund is invested in international equities, real estate and fixed income.
The purpose of the Petroleum Fund is to ensure responsible and long-term management of the revenues from Norway´s oil and gas resources so that both current and future generations can take part in the wealth.
The goal for the management of the fund is to achieve the highest possible return by taking moderate risk. This shall be excercised in a safe, efficient, responsible and transparent manner and within the mandate set by the Ministry of Finance.