Hydro is looking for a SOC Lead Analyst!
The SOC Lead Analyst (SOCL) is a senior-level position within the security operations center and provides cyber security monitoring alongside a team of SOC analysts. The SOCL provides leadership and mentorship to this team delivering best-in-class security monitoring as part of Hydro Group ICS SOC. The SOCL is responsible for day-to-day operations of the SOC including establishing and measuring team performance and serves as a technical escalation point.
The SOCL is responsible for advanced security monitoring through triage, investigation, communication, and reporting. The SOCL will provide expert-level analysis and will be responsible for providing guidance for complex security inquiries, in addition to recommendations to improve security postures across multiple BAs and platforms including recommendations for design improvements and product offerings from the Group ICS SOC. The role should be a technical and thought leader driving automation, analytics, and operational efficiencies. Also, the role should promote innovation and forward-thinking throughout the organization, while simultaneously own operational issues including incident reports and follow up action items from system incidents, both internally and externally.
- Working closely with the IR Coordinator to help oversee day to day operations, while mentoring junior SOC Analysts with prioritization of cases and projects
- Maturing the SOC through creating/tuning new alerts and use-cases, identifying gaps in visibility, and partnering with stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining new SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Perform technical analysis on a wide range of cybersecurity issues, with a focus on network and endpoint activity and data loss prevention
- Utilize open-source threat & vulnerability information with data collected from sensors across the enterprise into cohesive and comprehensive analysis
- Conducting security audits of existing tools and stay up to date on new and emerging threats
- Create and improve processes, procedures, policies and have the ability to prioritize tasks and investigations
- Provide Technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) support for the overall Hydro Group
- Lead initiative to develop/improve SOC and other security programs for system monitoring and response
- Lead Infrastructure projects and Security assessment for the infrastructure associated the applications in scope
- Establish strong working relationships with manufacturing sites to drive recommendations to improve the Cybersecurity posture
- Bachelor or master’s degree in information technology or related
- 5 years of relevant work experience within Cyber Security
- Familiar with Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Operation Technology (OT)
- Good technical insight and understanding
- Experience with project and project management
- Experience with follow-up of vendor and stakeholders
- Fluency in Norwegian and English
- Good at planning and has high execution ability
- Self-driven and able to prioritize work tasks effectively
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented
- Analytical and accurate in your work
The position reports to ICS SOC manager. Workplace is in Oslo.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, energy, metal recycling, batteries and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence. We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our People matter the most to make the difference.