In Norway VPS has around 14 employees based mainly at our Oslo office, in addition to our offices in Bergen, Stavanger and Sandefjord. This position will be available in all offices in Norway.
The specific sales region is Norway. The role reports directly to the VPS Group Commercial & Business Development Director.
- Provide relevant market and customer information for the sales plan in the short and long term (1-3 years)
- Make suggestions and contributions to activities, objectives and targets for realising growth
- Develop a sales plan per account in line with the standards set and implement the plan of action to achieve goals
- Visit and prepare for customer meetings with existing and potential customers
- Identify customer requirements and provide tailor-made advice about services
- Conduct negotiations of contracts and agreements
- Carefully weigh interests against each other, from the commercial point of view, and preservation of the relationship
- Make reports and minutes on visits, and draft minutes of meeting in English
- Collaborate with local/regional sales agents/sales offices for the development of the local/sub-regional market, and approaching customers
- Be accessible to and speak with customers, and take appropriate action in case of problems and emergencies
- Discuss problems and complaints with customers and promote appropriate solutions
- Take appropriate action with the help of other employees within the organisation, wherever necessary
- Ensure the proper handling of customers and provide feedback to the customer about technical, transport, finance, etc., matters
- Participate in international sales meetings
- Share experiences and ideas about market development, service improvement and product development, etc.
- Deliver technical presentations at industry event and conferences, when required
For this role, traveling to customer locations across assigned sales territory will be necessary, as well as to other European, Asian and/or Americas locations for Sales Meetings & Industry events when required.
Knowledge and skills
- Background in chemistry/laboratory testing, or marine engineering would be advantageous
- Currently working within Testing & Inspection would be highly beneficial, or within the marine fuel supply market
- Self-motivated and results orientated
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), fluent English is essential
- Strong listening and social skills; Good at analysing the motivation of others
- Strong skills in new business development
- Strong skills in upselling, key account management and cross selling
- Full Driving Licence for the country of residence
Deliverables from role
- Grow business revenues within assigned sales territory, for all VPS services across the highlighted industry sectors, in line with company strategy.
- Achieve set annual sales targets per service line
- Achieve the set KPIs for client sales visits, quotations & reporting, each month
Our offerWe provide an interesting and highly responsible position within a leading organization and world leader within the segment. Our employment terms package is excellent to mention. We offer:
- Market-based salary
- Company-based bonus arrangement
- Premium-free pension
- 50% Compensation for medical expenses
- Minimum of 25 days annual leave
- Company car allowance
Apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
VPS is the world leader in marine fuel testing and inspection and advisory services. VPS has introduced fuel testing for the marine industry in 1981 and has remained market leader in this segment since its inception. VPS is present in multiple locations around the world with its labs in Singapore, Houston, Fujairah, Manchester and its headquarters in Rotterdam (Barendrecht). VPS offers a dynamic, fast-moving working environment with plenty of challenges and support for those who are motivated to change the status quo.
Rådgiver Research og Analyse