The Technology and Operational Support (TOS) unit is part of Hydro’s Aluminium Metal business area and has around 180 employees in Norway and Germany. The Digital Production Support department in the TOS unit has 27 internal developers and 15-20 long term hired consultants. We focus on cross functional Product Teams, DevOps and agile methodology to deliver value from digital transformation in the production area. Together with our long proven APICS (Aluminum Production Information and Control System) and HAL3000/4000 solutions we are now focusing on developing and deploying digital tools within maintenance as well as analytical platforms in cloud and IIoT solutions in the plants worldwide.
The right candidates will work closely with Integrated Operational Support departments in Technology & Operational Support, production units in Hydro, external technology suppliers and research institutions. As part of our team, you will be a key contributor improving our operational performance by developing and deploying our digital applications and platforms. Our products span from shop floor control and automation systems to analytic platforms in cloud, using modern technologies and methodologies.
Key focus areas
- Development of our data and analytics platforms in Azure
- Enabling and taking part in data science activities
- Development and implementations of the in-house developed APICS portfolio including cloud and mobile solutions (Manufacturing Execution System)
- Development and implementation of IoT solutions
- Development and implementation of digital tools for predictive maintenance
We are looking for candidates with various professional backgrounds with experience in developing digital solutions.
- University degree (bachelor’s or master’s degree), from e.g. automation, IT, cybernetics, computer science, software engineering or similar. Relevant experience can compensate for formal education
- Good knowledge within one or more of the following; Modern web development frameworks / platforms like Angular, Java Spring Boot, Cassandra, Azure (PaaS and IaaS), Python, Java, C++, Docker, Kubernetes, Agile practices
- Flexibility in working with different teams and tasks
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. Professional working proficiency in Norwegian, German or Portuguese is an asset, but not a prerequisite
We offer an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the business of a global corporation while applying your expertise in software development. This is a visible role with many interfaces, where you will apply your specialist competence as a system engineer to business areas and group functions. For the right candidate, the position offers an attractive platform for professional and personal development. At Hydro you will have the opportunity to travel and stay at our facilities in Europe, Asia and America in connection with work related assignments.
The position is primarily located in Årdal or Oslo, but it’s possible to work from other Hydro locations as Haugesund, Karmøy, Høyanger and Sunndal. We are in addition to this offering other options for remote work, even at your preferred location.
Hydro Årdal offers fantastic surroundings, active environment in sports and outdoor life, music and voluntary organizations, location midway between Bergen, Trondheim and Oslo and an innovative technology environment. Read more about Årdal at https://dittardal.no/
The position may require some business travel.
Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations. Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.