The Technology and Operational Support (TOS) unit is part of Hydro’s Aluminium Metal business area and has around 180 employees in Norway and Germany. The Digital Production Support department in the TOS unit has 27 internal developers and 15-20 long term hired consultants. We focus on cross functional Product Teams, DevOps and agile methodology to deliver value from digital transformation in the production area. Together with our long proven APICS (Aluminum Production Information and Control System) and HAL3000/4000 solutions we are now focusing on developing and deploying digital tools within maintenance as well as analytical platforms in cloud and IIoT solutions in the plants worldwide.
Key focus are the coming years is to implement our APICS product at plants in North America and Europe. The right candidates will work closely with our product development teams, production units in Hydro, external technology suppliers and infrastructure hosting partner. As part of our team, you will be a key contributor improving our operational performance by deploying our digital products and platforms, supporting our customers and secure a stable operation.
You will participate in the following tasks:
- Be part of a team that implement the in-house developed APICS portfolio including cloud and mobile solutions (Manufacturing Execution System)
- Take part in operation and support activities (incident, problem and change management)
- Follow up infrastructure hosting provider
- Work closely with our product development team when it comes to communicating customer and product improvement needs.
- For the right candidate (with software engineering competence) it is an opportunity to take part in product development tasks as well.
- Assess and plan the implementation at each plant
- Work closely with the customer when it comes to planning, testing and go-live activities
- Application installation and configuration
We are looking for candidates with experience in implementation and operational support tasks.
- University degree (bachelor or master's degree), from IT, computer science, software engineering or similar. Relevant experience can compensate for formal education
- Good knowledge within one or more of the following:
- Linux and Windows
- Infrastructure architecture
- Relational and NoSql database technologies like Oracle, SQLServer, Cassandra
- Azure Cloud services, Kubernetes, Docker
- Industrial Communication technologies like OPC UA
- Flexibility in working with different teams and tasks
- Ability to produce high quality content and services consistently and efficiently
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. Professional working proficiency in Norwegian, German or Portuguese is an asset, but not a prerequisite
We offer an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the business of a global corporation while applying your expertise in analytics and data. This is a visible role with many interfaces, where you will apply your specialist competence as a system engineer to business areas and group functions. For the right candidate, the position offers an attractive platform for professional and personal development. At Hydro you will have the opportunity to travel and stay at our facilities in Europe, Asia, and America in connection with work related assignments.
The position is primarily located in Årdal or Oslo, but it’s possible to work from other Hydro locations as Haugesund, Karmøy, Høyanger and Sunndal. We are in addition to this offering other options for remote work, even at your preferred location.
Hydro Årdal offers fantastic surroundings, active environment in sports and outdoor life, music and voluntary organizations, location midway between Bergen, Trondheim and Oslo and an innovative technology environment. Read more about Årdal at https://dittardal.no/
The position may require some business travel.
Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations. Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.